Home Selling in Kansas>Question Details

Audra Berry, Both Buyer and Seller in Kansas

Can I list my home for sale both with a realtor and also pursue selling it on my own if the opportunity?

Asked by Audra Berry, Kansas Sun Nov 30, 2008

presents itself?

Help the community by answering this question:


Do you mean siging a listing agreement and having the agent invest considerable marketing dollars and then not paying the commission? Who will be handling your contracts and disclosures?

Ultimately, selling your home should be a joint venture between you and your agent.....there are a lot of details that your agent handles that you may not even be aware of.
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 30, 2008
The Hagley G…, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
Most listing agreements obligate you to pay a commission to your realty company and Realtor in the event of a sale. Discuss the option with your agent and see if you can get Exclusions for specific buyers. Chances are that your whole experience selling your home is enhanced by contact with your Realtor -- remember to consider the time and effort involved in educating you about the market value, advertising, marketing, and simply adding a sign to the yard. If you don't think you're getting enough action from your Realtor -- shop around until you find one who performs beyond your expectations.
Sean Williams, Realty Executives, Lawrence KS
Web Reference: http://www.SeanWilliams.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 3, 2009

Having an experienced full time agent on your side if first and foremost in today's market. Discuss this with them when discussing how to achieve your price and time line goals. Best wishes. Call or email if I can be of further assistance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 1, 2008

Absolutely! I bet your agent will be estatic that you helped them sell it. Finding a buyer is a hard task, but negotiations are where your agent earns their commission.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 1, 2008
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA
Yes you can depends on how your listing agreement is authored. However keep in mind YOU MUST FOLLOW THE laws of your state to sell a property you could be sued if you dont follow all the requirements. You can follow under the agents e & o insurance policy if something should happen.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 30, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Kansas > Home Selling in Kansas > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer