jocelynserra…, Home Buyer in North Bergen, NJ

Can I legally give an interested buyer my bylaw and HOA information on my condo?(NJ) They have not made an offer, just "interested"

Asked by jocelynserrano22, North Bergen, NJ Sun Jun 29, 2014

Answers

5
Is there a copyright?

Does the management company or association impose replication restrictions?

Are you certain your set is complete and current?

I NEVER provide the documents until the buyer has exhibited interest in the form of a purchase offer.
You will soon realize the benefit of being selective.

If your intent is to sell your condo, do those things in alignment with that goal. Being the provider of information of interest to others does not advance that goal.

It really depends on how you want to spend your time and resources. A BUYER is entitled to this data, a tire kicker is not.
YES, your listing agent should already have them and have every interested buyer review then before making an offer.
Absolutely, in fact I would recommend you give your Realtor a copy of these so that they can make them available to any other interested buyers or Realtors who ask. Buyers purchasing any property that has an HOA should ask for this information.
Absolutely, buyers want as much info as possible in order to make an informed decision. You can also tell them that their attorney will get that info when reviewing the contracts as well.

Chris
Yes, you can legally give an interested buyer your bylaws or a copy of them. it might help facilitate a sale. Good luck to you.