Home Selling in Los Angeles>Question Details

Sandy, Home Seller in Arizona

Can I cancel listing and not accept offers?

Asked by Sandy, Arizona Fri Mar 16, 2012

Multiple offers coming in, ex-wife sending children to me and need to stabelize.

Answers

8
sdrftughbjn’s answer
You can cancel a listing at any point as long as the buyer hasn't accepted an offer you submitted to them. Then you are in a legally binding contract. I had a listing and my client was in negotiations with the buyer and finally the buyer offered full price and all her terms and conditions but then my seller had a change of heart of decided to refuse the offer and take her unit off the market until she knew exactly where she was going to move to.

Bottom line, if you haven't signed an offer you don't have to accept any of them and can cancel your listing.

Best of luck with everything,

Victoria
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 22, 2012
Sounds like the owner still owed the commission! A full price offer matching all her conditions and she turned it down?
Flag Fri Mar 23, 2012
Sandy,

Sounds liek you want to cancel due to a change in your family status. Since your children will be coming to be with you, you will need a home for them. Sounds like selling your home now would not be beneficail to you and your family.

Providing you have not accepted any offers, you can cancel the listing, and there should be no issues.

Make sure and cancel in writting and explain your situation.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
You can cancell your listing agreement by speaking with the Managing Broker of the Real Estate office you are using. If the Agent has brought you a ready willing and able buyer, you might owe commission, but that depends upon the contract you have signed.
Hello Sandy,

Yes, you can cancel the listing at any time. you are not obligated to accept any offers, even at well over asking price. Even cash offers at well over asking price!

Enjoy your kids bro!

Kieran Jackson, CA DRE # 01903647
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
213.632.8484 Direct
KieranJackson@kw.com

Short Sale Specialist (SFR)
Web Reference: http://KieranTheRealtor.com
You will need to notifying the broker of the agency where you have listed the property. Request to cancel your listing and to tell him why. If you have not accepted an offer to purchase your property you should be able to do this with no problems. It is important to let the broker know if you were unhappy with the performance of your agent and why.

Joanne Bernardini
Sales. Associate
Certified Short Sale Agent
One Atlantic Ave.
Ocean City, NJ 08226
Direct- 609-200-1321
Yes, you can cancel the listing. Ask your Realtor for the CLA (Cancellation of Listing Agreement). Let them know the circumstances and your need not to sell at this time. As long as you haven't accepted an offer and there is not a fully executed contract (signed by both seller and buyer) you should be fine.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
Yes, you may cancel the Listing. Speak with your Realtor and explain the circumstances, I would be surprised if they refussed to work with you on withdrawing the listing or cancelling it out completely. Best of luck to you and your family!

Matt
http://www.matthewbartlettrealestate.com
Yes, you can always do that. Folks won't like it, but that's their problem. Your problem is that you may owe your agent a commission. I say "may" because to answer that definitively, I'd need to read the fine print of the listing agreement.