sattanasio001, Home Seller in Schenectady, NY

Can I advertise my home for sale on Trulia?

Asked by sattanasio001, Schenectady, NY Tue Jun 24, 2014

Answers

6
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 25, 2014
Trulia only allows listings represented by a licensed real estate agent. However they are a number of good For Sale By Owner sites out there that you might consider.
I believe a good realtor who is doing their job is completely worth their fee. The commission is negotiated between the seller and the agent, so there is no set fee. It depends on what quality company and agent you decide to list with.

Not only do we spend the time researching comparables to set the right price, taking pictures, writing remarks to romaticize your property, take care of all necessary paper work, and creating a marketing plan to get it up and listed. We also take care of the advertising aspect. This includes exposing your property on hundreds of websites such as Trulia, Zillow, YouTube, Craigslist, our own company website, etc. 90% of buyers find their home on the internet so your presence online is important. We also have contacts with thousands of agents in our area, constantly sending out email blasts and making phone calls to those who may have clients. We create top of the line print advertisements like brochures, posters, and post cards we send out around the area. We provide special sign packaging to capture buyers. And this is just the tip of the ice berg of what we provide with advertising.

Then comes the time when you get an offer in. We know what to look for not only in price, but in terms. This includes type of mortgage, from what bank, time frames to make sure the deal runs smoothly, what is included and what is not, etc. We do all of the negotiating for you.

With inspections, you need to know what you are entitled to and what you are not if an issue were to pop up. If an issue does arise we can negotiate it out and have respectable contacts for anyone to potentially fix the issue.

You need someone to stay on top of things and make sure the schedule runs as smoothly as possible to make it to the closing table. Months of work and preparation go into selling a home. I love my job and I love assisting people with one of the largest transactions of their life. If their is anyway I can be of service feel free to contact me!
You Know, that realtors cost over 17,000. They do nothing but sit and wait for someone else to do the job, They also say that you really should take this offer as it is great and once sold have their hands out. Wish l could make that much money for doing an hour or two of work. They tell you want you want to hear and then do the exact opposite. To be honest they are worst than vultures, and do very little for the seller, but tell them oh, you really got a great deal, when all they care about is how much they get out of it. Had enough of the blood sucking leaches and decided to sell myself .You can post on Zillow for free and also FBSO , there seems to be a lot of people who are doing that and doing well or u can choose to work with a buyer's realtor and negotiate the commission or op out.
I would personally find a Realtor of your choice, Someone just like me! to help you sell your home. I will list it for you, put your listing on hundreds of web pages and sell your home... oh, and get top price as I have helped hundreds of other home owners just like you! Give me a try and lets sell your house and get you another home! Actually.... The buy side is completely commission free for you! So, lets get started today!
Hi Sattansis,
Trulia accepts For Sale listings only from licensed agents. If your home is listed with an agent, let them know to post it here. If it's not, reconsider. Even if you could post here and on every other non-mls site, you might not get 10% of the exposure your local MLS can provide. More eyes means more money. Your local MLS is owned and built by the local agents, so you'll need to list to get on there.
A great agent is worth more than their commission, but a bad one or none at all can cost you more than just a commission. Best of luck however you proceed.