Yonsta50, Home Seller in 40422

CAN THE BUYERS REALTOR COME ONTO MY PROPERTY WHILE I'M NOT HOME WITHOUT ASKING FOR PERMISSION? THEY WALKED AROUND THE HOUSE TO LOOK AT SOME

Asked by Yonsta50, 40422 Sun Jun 3, 2012

THINGS...

Answers

4
oh my, I am assuming your property is listed with a brokerage, is it?
In that case any buyers agent will first call the listing office or agent to set up an appointment and
I would even if I just want to check out the yard of the property because my clients have certain requests, I would ask the Realtor if that is ok....

And I have received the ok many times, sometimes they did not want to do any showings because they had a dinner party, or someone was not feeling well, and the owners agreed to have me and my clients look into the back yard just to see if that would work for them since they had some specifics they were looking for in the back yard.....

On the other hand if you are selling by owner...... someone should have called you...

How did you know that it was Buyers agent?????
Just wondering.

Anyhow, you do not like people to walk around your property, if and when you do not know who they are and what they are doing there. I understand and that should not really happen....How did you find out since you obviously were not home?

It is a little confusing..... but normally Realtors always make appointments and always wait for
the confirmation of the appointments even just for walking the property.

EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com

YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike, covering the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, and the fine homes of the North Shore ...
and with partner agents all states in the US and worldwide properties...
Edith speaks French, German, English,Spanish and more

@PROPERTIES NORTHSHORE 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Il. 60093
For details about my expertise, services etc. etc. visit my website

Have a great Day :)
Your property is for sale, you should be encouraged that the buyers broker is lookimg around. maybe the buyer has specific backyard needs and he/she was checking it out before scheduling an appointment and wasting evryones time. I am assuming of course he/she wasn't peeking in the windows.
You should have your agent contact the buyer’s agent. Anyone transiting your property without your permission is trespassing
What are the SHOWING instructions in the MLS listing?
Is there a LOCKBOX on the door?
What instructions did you give your Realtor?
Perhaps you should be asking your Realtor.

Good luck and may God bless