S.kelly, Home Seller in Maple Rapids, MI

Breaking even by 2013?

Asked by S.kelly, Maple Rapids, MI Sat Feb 25, 2012

Military family would like to sell and break even or close to it in order to relocate. Home is 3 bdrm, 2 bath 1700 sqft and has more upgrades than the comparables in the area. Would like to try and sell before January 2013 or ensure it's sold before August 2013. Is this idea too far fetched or is it possible?

Answers

4
Hi S.

It depends on when you bought, how much you paid and other factors. I live in Suffolk. If you want me to run some numbers or take a drive by, let me know.

Thanks for reaching out on Trulia! You certainly have some important analysis and decision making ahead of you. Your goal to close before January 2013 is very reasonable if you price your home reasonably and have an agent who excels at marketing and promoting his listings--especially online.

I am happy to help you with information and expertise that will help you make the best decisions possible for you and your family. Feel free to call me any time with questions or service requests. The link below contains my Trulia profile and contact information.

There is not enough information to answer the question. I would be happy to do a market analysis and see where you are today. Would really need to know more specifics as each situation is unique. Please feel free to contact me to further discuss your particular situation...dmann.mdb@gmail.com
It is almost a trick question. How much do you owe? I spend many hours in front of my computer reading what others are saying about the current market. I believe we are seeing the last flush of foreclosures from the boom coming through this year. I believe that will bring a return to normalcy. Now the the question; what the heck is normal.
After we can (someone can) establish a baseline, I believe we will see a return to a growth rate of 3 - 4 % per year. The baseline becomes the 50,000 question. It all hinges on what you owe.
Contact a Realtor in your area, Let them run the numbers.
Oh by the way, contact several. Interview just like you would for a job interview. The best will shine and you will be better served. My sincerest wish for your happy outcome. GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY.