SarahE, Home Seller in Green Bay, WI

Bought house 1.5 years ago and now moving out of state - what are my options?

Asked by SarahE, Green Bay, WI Sun Jun 2, 2013

We bought our now 6.5 year old house in fall of 2011 and it's now very likely that we'll have to move out of state.
The house is in great condition and has 4 bedrooms. The neighborhood is multi ethnic,which I understand was a big reason why the house did not sell previously. ( We love the neighborhood!) We actually purchased through a land contract, which we were to end 5 years from purchase and take out a regular bank mortgage.

Should we try to rent the place? It must be fairly complicated to be a long distance landlord. What are we up against for reselling (assuming anyone is interested in the house - it was for sale for 5 years before we bought it).

Answers

2
I would be interested in your home to rent it if you are able to. Or possibly to take over the land contract??
Hi Sarah,

First of all, please review your land contract to see if you are able to rent the house. You may want to consult a lawyer for this aspect. Your land contract may have a non-rental provision which would prevent renting from being an option. Secondly, contact an experienced real estate professional to tour your home and give you a market analysis.

It is important that you find an experienced agent that you like and trust. Ask for recommendations from friends, family and co-workers. The agent you choose should be able to give you the direction you need.

Good luck. Take care.

Cindy Leiterman
Broker/Owner
Resource One Realty, LLC