Home Selling in Las Vegas>Question Details

djash01, Home Buyer in 89117

Best time to sell the house before the year end.

Asked by djash01, 89117 Thu Jul 25, 2013

I am looking to sell my house. I would like to sell it this year. I am wondering when can I get the best price ? Would it be now (like August) or some time around Oct/Nov/Dec. Please let me know.

Answers

19
Each Market / Region varies. However, typically the best results for a sale on a home come during the summer before the next school year begins.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 26, 2013
In the Las Vegas/Henderson area, it is considered to be a 'sellers' market. It is a wonderful time to sell your home, pending your current circumstances and when you purchased your home (height of market or lowest point). Trends do show that selling a home before the beginning of the school year, in the summer, tends to be beneficial.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
Sell when the weather is the nicest and the kids are out of school.
Hi djash01

I recommending to my clients to sell new to get
the best price before the market starts to level
out in the early fall.

If I can be of further assistance and answer
Any of your other questions please contact me

Jimmy Balsano
Realty One Group
702-281-2225
Fax 1-866-371-8421
Email: jimbalsano@gmail.com
CERTIFIED FOORECLOSURE ALTERNATIVES CONSULTANT (CFAC)
REO-BPO CERTIFIED

I KNOW LAS VEGAS AND HAVE FOR OVER 40 YEARS
http://www.jimmybalsano.com
http://www.salestraq.com/las_vegas/newhomesearch/index.cfm?id=4780(New Homes
In Vegas, The good time is all year long,Especially this year. If your house bought between 2004- 2007, the price is not reach that high yet. If you bought after 2009, you definitely will make profit.The market price now is seem like 2008. I'm a full time agent with 20+years experience, I can help you just like I sell my own house---with all my heart. and I have time.

Peggy Wu
Encore Realty
702-685-5455
wupeggy22@yahoo.com
Normally the best time is during the summer but it all depends on what it is best for you. Right now with the demand for homes it might be a good idea to take action soon. Please let me know if I can help you on the sale of your property or if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards

Jay Graski
Aspire Realty Group

702-400-7484 cell
NOW is the time to put your home on the market!
Good luck to you! Lesa
In general the best times in order are Spring, Fall, Summer, Winter.
Any time you are ready is the best time! We do not get snow on the ground so people shop for a home all year long. It does slow down from Thanksgiving through the New Year, however the buyers shopping during that time are serious and there is less competition. Have your Realtor (me) do a market evaluation to show you what you will net. If you are happy with that number, then list the house. We do not know what that number may be in 3 months.
Good luck! Kelly
Each market has a different cycle for selling, and it can also vary within a market for the type of home you have and its location. I grew up in Miami myself, so there we always waited until the winter months when all the snow birds came to town! :)

In Las Vegas if you have a "family style" home to sell, the best season is typically late spring and summer. If you have a more expensive "executive" home, the best season is right around the first of the year, as that is when high end corporate relocations tend to take place. If you have a home in an age restricted community, the best time to sell is the winter months when seniors typically are looking for a warmer place to live.

Right now, Las Vegas is a "sellers" market. Though, as has been pointed out previously, our inventory is slowly inching up again. If you have a family style home, I would put it on the market immediately. If you have a home in a Sun City type community, I would probably wait until October. If you have an executive home, but you want to sell it this year, you can put it up any time. If you can wait a bit, I would suggest listing the day after Christmas. There is usually less inventory on the market then, but, as I mentioned, that is when corporate relocations take place.

When you do list your home, make sure you hire an agent that has an EXTENSIVE Internet presence. More than 90% of buyers start on the Internet these days. They will locate properties they are interested in and then ask their agent to show them the property. Of course we would be happy to speak with you about marketing your property to get the highest possible sales price. We have been selling property in Las Vegas for more than 30 years, we have 30+ web sites in addition to all the more traditional forms of advertising, and we have been ranked in the top 250 agents in the country for ALL companies consistently over the past ten years.

Give us a call at 702-985-7654 or visit our main web site at http://www.GreatLasVegasHomes.com.
Good Morning! As a general rule, there is more activity before the holidays, when children are out if school. In Vegas, the investors are active year round, but more families are moving in the summer. The market is crazy busy right now, with prices going up daily. My advice would be to list sometime before November. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Marilyn Mattson
Renax Advantage
702-379-0021
mmattson@cox.net
Marilyn Mattson
Renax Advantage
702-379-0021
mmattson@cox.net
Now is the best time to sell. The number of available homes on the market are inching up due to a bit of a slow down in demand. Many institutional investors and hedge funds have put a hold on buying in Vegas and are looking to other areas mainly east of the Mississippi where they can achieve higher returns. We may have reached the pinnacle of this mini bubble. If so, the institutional investors may begin selling which would put downward pressure on home prices.

I have recently sold two homes my clients purchased last year as their primary homes. They chose to sell now due to the profits they have made in just 12 months. One home was purchased in 2012 for $875,000 and just sold for $1.3 million another was purchased for $265,000 in 2012 and sold for $357,000 this month.

If you would like to explore the best options and protential returns for you, please call me at (702) 283-1960.

Brett Gordon, USAF Retired
Broker-Salesman
Platinum Real Estate Professionals
brettgordon@LVReNow.com
http://www.CallAnExpertNow.com
No one has a crystal ball to tell what the market is going to do. Now would be a good time as homes are selling well. I would advise against November/December but first of next year might be good too. But then none of us, no matter how much we watch the market, can tell what is actually going to happen. If you want to sell it this year then do it. Would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Cheryl Lockhart
Owner/Broker
Lockhart & Associates
702-735-1181 office
It isn't so much when you list it as it is with whom you list it. It also depends on when you purchased it to how much you will get out of it as a profit (if anything at all). Most agents just put the property in the MLS and that is the extent to their efforts. Even though we are in a good market, in order to get sellers the best possible price for their home, I advertise that property all over the place. My job when you hire me is to make sure that I am getting you the highest and best price. Usually my sellers do very well with me as their listing agent. Call me for a FREE consultation so that I can show you what I can do for you.

Myra Gouger
REALTOR
Realty ONE Group
702-858-9311
myra_gouger@yahoo.com
http://www.nevadahomesdirect.com
I would have to agree with the other posts. The sooner you list your home, the better. Feel free to contact me with any other questions you have.

Justin Henrie
Realty ONE Group
(702) 538-4548
jthenrie@yahoo.com
http://www.JustinHenrie.com
Right now it's still a sellers market. The inventory is going up slowly, so don't delay. I will help you get top dollar for your home. Michele Kubiak prudential Americana Group Realtors 702-683-6576
Right Now! Buying has slowed some and I'm afraid it might slow even more. After Oct...it get's much slower till Jan. 10. Institutional buyers have slowed like Hedge Funds because prices are up past the point they're comfortable as far as flipping. The majority of buying now is 1st, time, owner occupied and some investors who must rent out homes and be happy with 5 to 7% ROI. We only have one month of Traditional Sale Inventory on the market right now so I would advise act now. If you'd like to talk to my wife and I about helping you market and sell, please call any time after 8am. Thanks, Kim and Matt
702.501.0973
Either now or in February... but there are still many other things to consider...

Please give me a call and I'll be happy to assist you! Thanks!

DENNY HEBIBOVICH - REALTOR
REALTY ONE GROUP, INC.
8363 W SUNSET RD #100
LAS VEGAS, NV 89113

CELL: 702-241-6110
EMAIL: Denny@PropertiesofLasVegas.com
WEB: http://www.PropertiesofLasVegas.com
WEB: http://awp208099.las.mlxchange.com