Home Selling in Kirkwood>Question Details

Murray Hill…, Both Buyer and Seller in Kirkwood, Atlanta, GA

Best places to list our unusual Kirkwood home for sale? It's priced low, has a HUGE yard/property, but it need

Asked by Murray Hill Ave, Kirkwood, Atlanta, GA Tue Jun 10, 2008

it needs more action.

Any places I may have not thought of that we should be listing it?

Thanks so much!

Answers

13
FMLS Client Gateway. FMLS.

F. M. L . S.

Over 80% of the time Intown, a Buyer closes on a property because they found it along with their Buyer's Agent. Their savvy Buyer's agent will more than likely use the FMLS Client Gateway to enable the most effective, daily research.

I walk down Murray Hill everyday, so hiring me is just gravy in this case. Get your real estate on, as they say...

Someone named A was asking about their Murray Hill 3/1 in late 2007 here at Trulia Voices and they wanted to obtain a price in the $230's. Here is a part of my responses:

"I believe that you may have trouble selling if for more than $185-190,000.00. Maybe less - that's why you need to visually see your competition.

I need to see it, but in general terms, based on my general submarket knowhow, that's probably a good guess."

So, I have clients right now who would buy a house on Murray Hill - they know about the 4 houses on Murray Hill in FMLS and we conclude the following:

1. the 272 listing agent is grossly underservicing their client by having a property on the market for over a month and not sharing ANY online photos. They should fire their Realtor. In addition, these fools have their 3/1 priced at $250000.

2. 145 and 187 have my friend Mike Costigan and Lucy Lavoulle from KW as agents. Mike will price property however the Seller wants it priced. Lucy is selling an REO. Both are overpriced, but they are in the market with photos and easy to show listings - neither of their clients are in pain enough to get their pricing in line for a Kirkwood 3/1. They probably get 2-4 showings a week right now.

3. Benita and Janie know Kirkwood and are among the best agents Intown - they listed 135. They are the only agents having a tough enough conversation with their client - tough enough to get a price reduction after a few unsuccessful weeks on the market at $209000. This house remains overpriced at $205000.

4. My clients will not buy a 3/1 on Murray Hill for over $200,000, but they will spend more than $250,000 for the right 3/2. We are looking all over the area.

So many choices, and 2 out of 3 sellers just don't get it.

Right now, on Murray Hill, 4 out of 4 Sellers don't get it.

Are you one of them, or are you just entering the game?

If so, enter the game at the FMLS Client Gateway.

And I love unusual. Send photos...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 11, 2008
Thanks for the info Joan. I thought you could see pending sale info. I've been shown it before for other houses.
140 Murray Hill sold for $253,500 in April and in May 156 Murray Hill sold for $226,500. 145 Murray Hill is not scheduled to close until July 10th, so no one is able to disclose sale price until it closes.

BTW - I did see Sean sold one on that street in 2006 and has sold 4 homes ytd. Good job Sean!
The murry hill houses can't be that "overpriced", lee. I saw one sold. Anyone know how much it's under contract for? Thanks
Best Place to list is FMLS for 3 important reasons
#1 - 90% of buyers have agents
#2 - 89% of buyers are shopping online
#3 - countless other sites feed their portals from the info on fmls.

For Kirkwood 2nd best place is http://www.BoBridgeport.com - award-winning website! E Blasts to hundreds of registered buyers looking for a home and performing their search on our site. Why? Because we are in the top 3 real estate cos in Kirkwood .

Lastly, where ever you advertise make sure you have clear, bright, uncluttered photos
I'm holding Sean to 13 sales, and I'll raise him one sale. 14 in June.

If you did not interview the top listing agent in Kirkwood, then you should have. Sean is good.

Get your real estate on.
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com/
Murray,

I have sold 8 homes on your street. As Kirkwood's top listing agent, I would be more than happy to meet with you and share my marketing plan- no strings attached. You did not state whether you were working with an agent or not- if you are going it on your own you are welcome to integrate ANY of the ideas in my marketing strategy for your own use.

However, many of the more effective components I incorporate into my sales strategy have been developed over time and are not easily reproducable or scalable/cost effective for a FSBO scenario. According to FMLS data, of the 100+ homes currently listed in Kirkwood, there were 13 homes that sold between May 1st and June 1st. I would love to talk with you about how we can work to make yours one of those 13 SOLD homes in the coming month!
Web Reference: http://www.kennycook.net
Murray
Is your home listed with a Realtor?
Is it in the MLS?
Lots of good information, photos, parcel map?
FYI the buyer that first sees the home they buy sees it with a Realtor 90% of the time. So, if you are not listed (which is what it sounds like) you are excluding 90% of the buyers. Home owners selling on their own sell to someone they know 5% of the time, according to a NAR survey. So, that leaves you with marketing to 5% of the market.

On average, homes sold directly by their owners sell for 15% less than those listed with a Realtor. Also, 86% of owners eventually list with a Realtor. So you might want to interview three Realtors, pick their brains, ask for an Estimate of Seller's Net Proceeds, run the numbers, then you make the call.

If you can sell on your own, great. If not, then you'll have a plan B.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I agree with everyone's statements below...

However, I also wanted to ask: How are the photos for all of your marketing? Did your Realtor hire a professional photographer? Are they clean, crisp photos? Are there enough photos, that feature the best features of your home?

The majority of Realtors search on FMLS and GAMLS. We rely on photos, probably more than we should. If we don't see the features our buyers are looking for, or clutter or design that wouldn't mesh with their style, then we move onto the next home --- especially in a neighborhood like Kirkwood, where there are a lot of options, and a lot of surrounding neighborhoods that could meet their needs. Make sure your Realtor has a lot of pictures on these two sites with a link to a virtual tour. Also, photos in all of their online marketing, and flyers (for the flyer box that should be in your front yard).

If you could share which property is yours, then we could pull it up in our systems and probably help you pin point the particular reason your home isn't getting the activity you were/are expecting.

If you aren't already working with a Realtor, or have any additional questions or concerns - please don't hesitate to contact me personally!

Sarah Turner
sarah.turner@yourownsanctuary.com

Sanctuary Real Estate, Inc.
300 North Highland Avenue Suite B | Atlanta, GA 30307
T: (404) 688-3363 | F: (404) 688-3372 | M: (404) 323-9976
http://www.yourownsanctuary.com
I'm wonder how this home is unusual. Staging can help to maximize each buy visit if the buyer can visual the unusual space. I would suggest staging the property.
Web Reference: http://www.rmr-usa.com
Check out postlets.com. Also make sure you have it on Craig's List and if you have acces to work email lists or neigborhood newsletters, put it there.
Like other profesionals, I agree that you will get the most exposure having a full time real estate agent do all the work for you You won't have to worry about maximum coverage if the agent is doing his job.
The truth is with so many homes on the market and prices being what they are, you will have a hard time competing against homes professionally marketed.
As it is, GIve me a call or email if you want to pick my brain.( that won;' cost you anything.)
Web Reference: http://www.gojohnnyg.com
Murray,

Do you have representation? I have sold a few homes in the Kirkwood area in the last year and there is no substitute for the broad spectrum a real estate professional can market your home. On average, a listing will hit anywhere from 6-20 different websites when listed with a real estate agent. That is pretty hard to match when attempting to market a home privately. It definitely should be on both local MLS services and ideally the enhanced package of realtor.com to get a decent amount of exposure. Craig's list is another option. The listings on the MLS services and realtor.com often populate to many other sites.

If you are interested in a personal consultation, please feel free to contact me.

Regards, Scott
Web Reference: http://www.scottbitter.com
You could list it with RKiHomes! HA.

What is so unusual about it and where do you currently have it listed? Call me at 770.300.0023, I'm the internet marketing and operations manager so I might be able to give you some pointers and/or suggestions.

Carl
Web Reference: http://www.rkihomes.com