Home Selling in New York>Question Details

John, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY

Best big Real Estate agency to start out in?

Asked by John, Brooklyn, NY Fri Apr 6, 2012

Hows it going, don't have my license yet and I am wondering which big Real estate agency has the best training for new agents? Thanks.

Answers

7
In New York City there's no question, Prudential Douglas Elliman. You will have to go to their office at 575 Madison Ave, but training is ongoing for both begining and experienced agents. Having been in the business for 20 years and seeing what "training" others offer I think PDE is the best. It's also a great company to work with and is the #1 real estate broker in NY and #4 in the country.

Don
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
As others of mentioned, in addition to the training, you do need to get a feel for the office and the 'helpfulness' of the current agents. Is the office offering you a mentor? Company wide training is really only one piece.

That being said, I chose Coldwell Banker and have been extremely happy with my decision thus far. Their training is fabulous and I got a great head start on my career.
The kind of training most franchises offer focuses on the market and how the market works. Another kind of training focuses on the agent and how that agent spends their time. The second kind of training is more like personal coaching and can change your real estate life for the better.

The Mike Ferry Organization has an excellent program that I would recommend to someone interested in having a successful real estate sales career.
John,
Janet and Allan really hit it on the head. You need to visit the office, get a feel for the dynamic, see what type of training is offered, commission etc and also find out what fees you will have to pay such as monthly technology fees, transaction fees, advertising etc., in addition to the standard insurance, continuing ed and more. Also, find out what resoursces are available as far as advertising, post cards, photograpy etc. Good Luck.
John I agree with Allan, you do need to visit to get a feel for the organization to find out if it would be a good fit for you. More than just training should be a consideration.
Think you should consider interviewing to see what each offers you as far as training, education, mentoring, commission, etc. Make a decision based on where you feel most comfortable at that time.
I've worked with two franchise C21 and Weichert REALORS, I enjoyed the training from both but the truth of the matter is it's going to be contingent upon the individual independent offices, like agents and brokers they are not all created equal. The only way to know is to interview a few offices and ask about their training. Also you can't depend on the office for all your training, you have to take a lot of initiative on your own and at your own expense if you want to excel in your new craft.