Sara, Home Buyer in Haslet, TX

Been on the market over 200 days in Haslet. Priced right, but only 1-2 showings in 2 mos - much slower than previously. Has market slowed this much?

Asked by Sara, Haslet, TX Mon Nov 29, 2010

Answers

10
Sara,

Ask your REALTOR to produce a report of market showings. CSS records showings by NTREIS area and by zip code. They can be tracked by 5, 10 or 20k increments. It will show you the traffic in you rmarket and whether or not your home is showing above or below average in the local market.

"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

I came across your old posting and thought I would extend a hand and offer my help. Did you ever sell your estate? Depending on where your listing was might explain why you struggled I know Haslet as a whole had slow areas in 2010 are you located off of Bonds Branch Rd.? What is really a deciding factor for individuals up there can come down to something as simple as HOA (Home Owners Association) If you're still requiring help feel free to contact me directly.

3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
cell: (817)975-7258
off: (817)635-1157
website: http://www.blissful-estates.com
If it is priced right it will sell quick regardless, If not it will sit forever. If you live in Sendera Ranch Lennar is peppering it with new starter homes which will eventually drag the subdivision values down in the next 5 years.

Most of my clients are able to sell quick because they are able to sell for less commissions starting as low as $99 if you go with a FSBO style listing to a maximum of 1% with full realtor services, 4% overall if you offer the buyer's agent 3%. I know Haslet well since I also live in Haslet.

Bottom line is homes are moving super fast now while interest rates are low, no telling what they will do over the next 6 months, more than likely remain super low. I sold a home in 21 days in Sendera Ranch, 904 Poncho Lane and it closed last week.

I'll help any way I can. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Nathan Beckey, Northwest Fort Worth Realtor

(m) 817.691.3602 (e) nathan@exclusivepropertiestexas.com

More Options. More Results.
check us out online http://www.exclusivepropertiestexas.com

3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
cell: (817)975-7258
off: (817)635-1157

ps. for more updated listing preview my site http://www.blissful-estates.com.
Sara,

The best way to find out if your home is priced right is to look carefully at your competition. Have your Realtor send you a report of sales in your area so you can see the activity. I prepare these for my clients before and during the listing process.

It's hard for me to judge if your home is priced right. The only way to actually know if the home is priced correctly is to actually look at the competition. Ask your Realtor to take you to 2 or 3 homes that are closest to yours in price, amenities and size and then take your "owners" hat off and judge for yourself. You need to be honest with yourself or this will be a waste of time.

Look at the competition... in any given market the top 10-15% of homes will sell in any given month. You want to make sure your home is priced and shows well enough to be in that group. If your home has been on the market for 200 days with only 1-2 showings I truly doubt it is priced right. Unless no homes like yours are selling that means those buyers are choosing other homes over yours.

Now is the time to sit down with your agent and make sure your numbers are in actually realistic. Remember in the spring the market will become more active but that will also bring more competition as new homes start to go on the market.

Go out and look at your competition... I can guarantee the answer you need to sell your house can be found by looking at those homes.

Good luck to you.

Don Groff
Realtor & Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams | 360 Lending Group
512.669.5599
listings@dongroff.com
Although you say that you are Home Buyer, the way you phrased your question, you must also be a seller....
Discuss with your listing agent, the surrounding competing properties, have they reduced their prices, are some of those competing properties larger, newer or better updated that yours??? Discuss if there is anything that you can do to make your property more attractive (staging, painting, curb appeal .... etc.) other than reducing the price, but reducing the price may at the end be your only or best option....

If your listing agent thinks that your competition is the problem, then have him or her show you a few of the competing properties in your current price range and in a lower price range, so that you will feel more comfortable in either doing some staging, updating, or price reduction.

Good luck to you, and by the way if your property is extensively marketed on the internet, then you will have virtual showings and the potential buyers will only come to see your home, if and when they like something they see on the internet or their Realtor has e-mailed them.

Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago Connection
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
If you are buyer how would you know how many showings.

Oct - April home sales are slow , families are wanting to keep their children in school prior to moving.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Lots of choices.... it is a price war and a beauty contest..... most buyers extremely selective these days.
How do we know it is priced right? If you priced for $1 would it sell tomorrow?...how about $2...you just have to find the magic price between $1 and where you are now.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Ask your Realtor for a new CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) . Also, ask your Realtor for a list of web sites on which he/she is marketing your property. Across the U.S., about 90% of home buyers shop on the internet before they decide what homes they want to view.
Hi Sara, check to see if your property has good ads running on it. Also if it is priced right check to see what other properties in your area what they are priced at and how many. In addition commission may have some reasoning in there as well. If there area several like yours and they offer a bigger commission or if showing it is easier this can affect your showings.

All the Very Best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference: http://www.urhomerealty.net