myrkei, Home Seller in Brooklyn Park, MN

Because of the drop in home prices, I will be forced to sell at a lower price than I paid and can't afford an agent.

Asked by myrkei, Brooklyn Park, MN Tue Jul 30, 2013

How can I receive help to sell my home on my own?

Answers

6
If anyone has this problem and needs a way to NOT loose thousands of dollars by selling at a lower price or paying expensive realty costs, Please call me. There is an alternative that doesn't cost you a cent!
Sharon Lee Chapelle
Sunny Side Up Homes/Notes
"A real estate Solutions company'
952-994-8929
myrkei,

Be sure to talk to an agent that knows and understands distressed property sales. If you have a valid reason for selling and the property is worth less than what you owe, the bank(s) will likely accept a short sale. The process is complicated, but the good news is that the banks will pay for an agent to assist you.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions about the process - I would be happy to point you in the right direction with no obligation.

Cameron Piper
Keller Williams Premier Realty
612-839-4202
Web Reference: http://www.CamPiper.com
Hi Myrkei,

A couple thoughts -

1 - There has been a substantial rise in prices here in the Twin Cities over the past 18 months. It would be free to have a Realtor come do a market analysis on your home to tell you what it should sell for. Even if you choose not to use a Realtor you'll have a good idea of where you stand.

2 - If you have a hardship and can't sell there's an option to do a short sale which would allow you to have a Realtor sell your house at a price that's less than what you owe lenders. If you qualify, you wouldn't have to bring money to the closing but there are some negative consequences to your credit.

I'd be happy to meet with you to discuss this further.

Bill Wallace
RE/MAX Advantage Plus
952-923-7000
First, every Realtor will do a free market analysis on your home. We are in a very hot market right now where home values are rising rapidly, so before making any decision it is important to get a updated value for your home. It costs you nothing, and worst case scenario you can use that number for list price when you try to sell the home yourself.

Second, there are many options available to homeowners when selling their home. Depending on your circumstances I will go through all of them with you. For sale by owner, using a flat free brokerage, and so forth. The most important piece of marketing is getting your home listed on the MLS, because that is where the buyers are.

For me personally I find a way to make it work for seller's in your position, because I never want my commission to get in the way of selling a home. Regardless, I will go through all of your options and if for sale by owner is your choice I will help you sell the house yourself.

Just give me a call or email to get started!

Chris Block
Realtor North Suburbs
651-307-7663
chris.block@imetroproperty.com
Hi, myrkel!

I think you need to ask yourself if you can afford NOT to sell with an agent. When I became an agent after having done several real estate transactions prior, I was astounded at how many rules and legal processes need to be followed in a real estate transaction.

However, you will still be responsible to pay the buyers' real estate commission. If you have an agent who you will allow to help you with your next purchase, you may be able to obtain their assistance on your sale at a discounted rate.

Other than that, you might do well to look in to a For Sale By Owner company, which will charge you a flat fee for their assistance. BUT, just realize, that the work still has to be done, it's just that YOU will be doing the work rather than paying an experienced licensed agent to do it. People do it all the time. But, many of those people give up when they see how much work and expertise it takes and hire someone anyway.

You can do a short sale, and sell your property for less than youOur services are FREE for homeowners. We have been successful in getting homeowners off the hook for the deficiency, as well as, getting homeowners up to $23,000 in relocation assistance.

Eli Givoni, Director
Short Sale Department, LLC
561-361-1909
info@shortsaledept.com
http://www.shortsaledepartment.com

MARS Disclosure for General Commercial Communications
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Short Sale Department, LLC is not associated with the government, and our service is not approved by the government or your lender. Even if you accept this offer and use our service, your lender may not agree to change your loan. If you stop paying your mortgage, you could lose your home and damage your credit.
owe. Feel free to visit our website, or give us a call, to learn more about the short sale process.