I had to laugh because she bought her last home during winter and actually closed 01/03 three years ago.
So, I think it's fine to list a house close to Christmas - quite a few sellers will take their house off the market due to xmas season; buyers who need to buy have to buy (relocation, job change, family issue, personal needs) and the invetory will be less. Like what people say, only serious buyers will be out there during the middle of the winter with thousands of things going on. I would not wait.
Top 10 REASONS WHY NOW IS AN EXCELLENT TIME TO SELL and BUY!!
1. If you are a move-up buyer, you are saving more dollars than you have to give up selling your existing lower priced home.
2. You can look and look until you find the right transaction for that replacement home.
3. You will get more money now than in January,February or March.
4. Increases in inventory are in the negative from now until the first of January. Homes are being listed, but more are selling and going off the market, so the net effect is the inventory is shrinking, leaving less competition for your home.
5. "Fantasy" sellers are off the market now. "Serious" buyers are out looking for a home such as yours.
6. Remember people are getting divorced, having babies, getting married and passing away every month of the year, not just in the spring. Each of these big events could trigger a change in home ownership.
7. Some people need to buy before December 31st for taxes.
8. Many early spring buyers start looking now. There is less available than they are expecting. Your great buy of a home will be a welcome surprise and might get them to do something to be in by Christmas or New Years.
9. Interest rates are still low! And regardless of all the negative hype on the loan crisisâ€”we have many, many programs geared to all levels of homeownership!! Ask your friendly mortgage professional for a list!10. People will notice during the Holidays how their home is cramped, or will go see someone else's great home and want to follow suit. This is a great time to "dress up your home" for a party: The Sale Celebration!
However, while new sales dip a little, it isn't nearly as significant.
If you hit the market during that time with a new listing, staged well and priced to sell, you should get a lot of interest because you will be one of the few new listings on the market. You will have less competition and should get a quick sale.
It has to be priced right...that means it should be priced below the competition, not at or above the competition.
Melissa A. Scire
New Home Property Specialist
Charles Rutenberg Realty
If you have to sell, then I would put it on the market as soon as possible because it will mostly likely take a long time to sell. Keep in mind that the buyers are picking off only the best values so it is imperative to have a very competitive price and great marketing. A good price doesn't do any good if no one know about it. Also, the majority of home buyers search on the internet for homes so it's crucial that the person you choose understands how to effectively market a home on the internet. The E-Pro designation that some Realtors have does not necessarily mean they have a grasp on this stuff so I wouldn't rely on it.
There are fewer buyers this time of the year but tend to be more serious, at least from my experience over the past decade.
NOT KNOWING THE AREA OF YOUR PROPERTY IS HARD, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED SEND ME AN EMAIL