Poa Daughter, Home Seller in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

As seller, can I get out of a signed contract without legal penalties?

Asked by Poa Daughter, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ Tue Jun 19, 2012

I am selling my mom's house in NJ as POA and have a signed contract; however, since entering into proceedings, my mother's doctors feel she has become too sick to make a move to FL. We have had 3 contracts on the house and were going forward, but we don't want to further jeopardize mom's worsened health.

Answers

7
Your attorney can best advise, therefore consider a consultation....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 19, 2012
Only an attorney can answer this question after they have reviewed contract and the facts on the transaction.
Oh dear, much will depend on the status of your contract. If still in attorney review, likely less of an issue than if firmly under contract. We all agree that the right resource to advise you is your attorney - talk to him/her pronto!

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Yes, thanks to all who responded. I should have worded my question differently. I know that you cannot give legal advice; and I am in contact with my attorney. I was wondering if anyone out there had experienced a similar situation, and what the outcome was.
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012
I understand your concern and as all the previous answer you have to contact your attorney to discuss this matter. Good luck and I hope your mother gets better.
You should contact your real estate attorney as soon as possible. We are Realtors and as such cannot practice law without a law license. This must be address by an attorney.
sounds extremely complicated, for the most part you could be subject to a law suit. You really need to contact your lawyer asap.
Please contact your real estate attorney for advice. Real estate agents are not permitted to answer legal questions.