Question Details

Patrick Fiel…, Real Estate Pro in Plano, TX

As agents, how do you decide when it is appropriate to invest in professional real estate photography versus DIY photos?

Asked by Patrick Fields, Plano, TX Mon Dec 12, 2011

Answers

5
What's your time worth?

With just a little skill, a lot of patience and the willingness to edit, one can produce stunning results! But it all takes time!

Do you have the tools for elevated shots? Wide angle? Low light? Have you mastered the technique of shooting the view from the family room into the sunlite pool entertainment area? Does your future efforts include mixed media? Do you know how?

Everyone's situation is different. But the common denominator is, "What's your time worth?"

With pro services at the below $200 level in the Tampa area, it a real option to consider.
Your broker should be able to recommend a resource with incredible rates.
Best of success,
Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727. 420. 4041
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 13, 2011
Patrick,
I'm not pro, but I enjoy photography and take it seriously. I take 200-300 pictures to get the 15 to 18 I intend to use. If I'm not able to capture the essence of my listing, I would consider hiring a pro. If I had an upper end home, I would use a pro, but I would still take many pictures myself.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 12, 2011
Immediately.

My primary photographer has 14 years of experience after she received her BFA in visual communication and her MFA in photography. She charges under $200. I'm going to compete with that on what basis, again?

I do my own fliers, but I had several years of graphic design work - back in the paste-up days - and I'm confident that I can express my vision of the property through fliers better than a hireling. But as far as composing photos, dealing with the technical aspects of photography, and the post-production work in Photoshop?

Fuggedaboudit!
Always use professional photography.

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to error and omission, and not warranted.
I consider a professional real estate photographer if I anticipate to get a return on my investment. Therefore, I usually only consider a professional real estate photographer to market luxury properties.