Home Selling in Lebanon>Question Details

Ttalp, Home Owner in Lebanon, NJ

As a seller would i have to disclose if i was arrested or have a criminal background?

Asked by Ttalp, Lebanon, NJ Sat Mar 23, 2013

Answers

5
The only criminal representation, I believe, and you would have to get advise from your attorney, would be a child molester. Even that is a guarded comment now,although it is in the contract of sale. So I would certainly think jail time or anything else is not a property explanation that is a personal item and if you have not had anything involving the home, should not have to be disclosed. Good luck and if I can be of any further help contact and please visit my web-site yvonneschneider.com
If the criminal activity caused a health hazard on the property, you must disclose.
Most likely, no. You do need to disclose facts about the property.

If your personal history may have contributed to a serious psychological defect at the property, it may still likely NOT need to be disclosed. However, if you believe that your personal history and the property history are entwined, you could check with your attorney for advice on what you choose to disclose or not. Even if disclosure is not mandated, the option to disclose still exists.

I am not suggesting that your background involve any serious allegations. I share the following as general information and you can use the examples as a benchmark from which you, or anyone can compare. You may read this and say, "Well, I totally have nothing that I need to disclose!"

In PA, the non-disclosure of a serious crime at a property is the subject of a case headed to the PA State Supreme Court. The real estate licensees maintain that the law governing property disclosures do not not require the release of information regarding crimes committed at a property. Two lower courts ruled in favor of the licensees; no disclosure was needed. Despite the real estate law on this matter, the case is now being escalated and challenged in a higher court. http://muslaw.blogspot.com/2013/01/pennsylvania-real-estate-…

Former drug lab activity does fall under the category of mandatory disclosure since that activity affects the physical property.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
No that is not necessary. a sellers disclosure only apply to the home

Seller just has to disclose what he has done to the house