Home Selling in Raleigh>Question Details

Patti O'Reil…, Real Estate Pro in Raleigh, NC

Are your seller's having the home inspected prior to listing?

Asked by Patti O'Reilly, Raleigh, NC Tue Apr 10, 2012

Answers

6
Hi Patti,

I have a different approach to this. I have my sellers get a professional staging consultant and photographer to get their home ready to list. This costs them about the same thing as an inspection would, however the payoff is much better. A pre-inspected home may attract a certain type of buyer, but a good looking listing is going to attract most any buyer.
Hi, I havre had sellers do this but it's really for the sellers good. Buyers are always going to do their own and may find things the sellers inspection doesn't. I always tell my sellers the less we give a buyer to gripe about the better. Doing these inspections are a great way to prepare for what may come.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
I highly recommend to my sellers and especially if the home is more than 10 years old. I think it relieves a lot of stress for the sellers. They know up front if there is a problem and they can get it fixed prior to putting the home on the market. I think Buyer's Agents should still highly recommend their buyer's do their own inspections.
For my clients to get TOP dollar for there home, YES. A pre-inspection and Fix everything the inspector finds. and YES we make the inspection report avaible.

Makes a world of difference for a potential buyer, knowing the home has been pre-inspected.

Tom
No, I have never had a seller do it, but it is a great idea if you believe there might be some issues. It gives you the opportunity to correct any problems and saves the headache to re negotiate a contract and avoid having a contract fall through due to unexpected surprises!
I have never had a seller do this in 24 years. I know we offer it as an option on the listing agreements but I have never seen anyone do it yet. I would think a buyer would still have an inspection of their own and all the nickle and dime stuff will come out at the second renegotiation after the inspection.