Home Selling in Redlands>Question Details

Cook Real Es…, Real Estate Pro in Redlands, CA

Are we in a buyers market or a sellers market?

Asked by Cook Real Estate Group, Redlands, CA Wed Apr 24, 2013

Alot of people do not realize that the market has shifted, so who is controlling current market?

Answers

8
Amy A. Anderson’s answer
Definitely Seller's. Right now,sellers have options due to the overflow of buyers and the lack of inventory. Once buyers become scarce, seller's will not have the options they do now, inventory will build back up giving those buyers options which will translate back into a buyer's market. Basically, the side with most options will be the dominant side of the market.
Hi Jessica,

It really depends on what "market" you are living in. Real estate is very local. Here in St. Louis I would say that we are slowing a bit but still leaning more towards a "buyer's market" in that inventory is low and prices are slowly creeping upwards. I attribute it to the low interest rates. If and when there is a credit tightening then I think we could see a true market shift here locally.
I'm sorry, I meant seller's market...not buyer's market!
Flag Wed Jul 30, 2014
As of now, August 2014, we are definitely in a stalemate market, meaning buyers and sellers can't seem to get together on what values are true or not.
Hi Jessica,

We are in a seller's market. Inventory is flying off the shelves as to say. There is a lot of competition between the buyer's. Finding the right home is key for a buyer but finding the right home for the right price is what seems to be more difficult these days. You need someone who is searching everyday for new listings as soon as they pop up. Someone who is working hand in hand with you and great with their communication to keep you in the loop on everything. There are still many investors out there that make it more difficult for those homeowners that are serious about their search for their dream home. hope I answered your question. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email me.

Priscilla Walsh
Coldwell Banker Kivett- Teeters
http://www.pwalshrealestate.com
realtorpwalsh@coldwellbanker.com
909-894-9221
BRE Lic. # 01936003
Right now it is definitely a sellers market. There are so many buyers out there and just not enough inventory. If you have any further questions feel free to email or call me :)

Hope this helps!
Market snap shot
http://www.car.org/marketdata/marketsnapshot/mktsnapshotJune27

Esneralda Baza
Tarbell Realtors
Lic #01891991
(760)485-5970
ebaza44@gmail.com
It is a strong sellers market. Financed buyers are being beaten out by over asking price cash buyers with no terms. financed buyers are running into situations where they are being required to bid way over asking price and then finding that they are not getting the appraisal for that price and having to come up with the difference in cash. Extremely low inventory across the board with possible sellers still waiting for the price increases to catch up to their equity line.
Depends on where you are or want to be. That's a pretty open ended question.
Inventory is controlling the market...there isn't any! It's a seller's market! Investors have dominated the foreclosure market and traditional home sellers who are upside down, are still waiting it out.