Jcontella, Home Buyer in Kalamazoo, MI

Are there still people/companies who "Will pay cash for your home."? Live in 49006 neighborhood.

Asked by Jcontella, Kalamazoo, MI Wed Mar 12, 2014

Answers

15
Around Miami, if you pull the data, it is pretty clear that folks receive a lot less money when they go the "We buy ugly houses" route. It is quite clear to me that even with paying commission, you will make far more from the sale of the home if you list it with an agent. As others have said, cash deals are quite common at the moment, so that really poses no particular issue. It will probably take an additional 7-15 days for closing and to receive payment. Not really long to wait if the different will be 10K or more.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 13, 2014
I think you get the jist of what everyone is saying by now. just to reiterate. I'll give you cash for your house, sight unseen, & we can close next week if you want. My offer $2,000, let me know if your interested. Ok so you get the point, just call a Real Estate Agent and get the home on the market. That's the best way to get the most for your home. The only is exception to that is if you need to sell right now and are not worried about selling at a massive discount.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 13, 2014
I do and I work in the 49006 and 49007 zipcodes. Please give me a call if you are still trying to move the house. Jay 269-217-1778
I would if the property is in a non-mortgageable condition. Anywhere in the US. Please send more details.
Yes, I work with two companies that pay cash. They both make offers within 48 hours. If you are interested, please give me a call.

Kathy Persha, Associate Broker
248-930-0198
Yes, just about anywhere in Michigan. Supply and demand, location, condition will dictate the sales price.
Beware of scams and make sure you have an attorney guide you through any deal you accept.

Chris
If you see an ad I will pay cash for your home they sure will, but perhaps at half of market value. you should hire a local listing agent who is well experienced at quick sales. they can set the price correctly to atrarct cash buyers who are not trying to rip you off.
There are, under the right set of circumstances, but they are investors who will expect a pretty hefty return on their investment. Before you do anything rash, I would strongly suggest you talk to a real estate professional and explore all your options.
J in Kalamazoo,
Your question is not sufficiently clear to provide you the correct answer.
The question must be asked, "Do you NEED to sell your home on a cash basis?"

This means is your home is a sate of disrepair that the sale will not be financed by a traditional mortgage provider. The cash price offers for such properties ARE reflective of condition, not simply a discount because it it a cash purchase.

You may be in a situation where time is an urgent issue and you believe a cash purchase will be the solution to meet the urgency. That requires a different strategy.

Here in Dunedin/Palm Harbor FL nearly 40% of homes sale, at all price points are cash purchases. These sale are not for distressed home and they are NOT discounted.

There are many models for selling a home, in any condition and under a wide range of situation.
The past years have compelled real estate professionals to develop many strategies to help home owner sell their houses.

Pick up the phone and call a Kalamazoo REALTOR and have a chat regarding the three most obvious options available to you.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Dan is right. There are a couple who may be interested at a very deep discount, but if you are in a hurry I can list it at a smaller discount to get a quicker sale and save you more money. We also have an investor working with an agent in my office who buys homes in the MLS. I'm active in the West Main neighborhoods, let me know if you would like an analysis of price and market time.
Hello Jcontella,

There are many good buyers with cash in the Kalamazoo market looking for property. I have had four cash sales this year and work with a couple investors actively looking to buy more real estate. If your home is in need of repairs and can't easily be financed, or if you need a quick, uncomplicated sale, this can be a wonderful option.
Contact me:
Carol Oudsema
Carol@Greenleafrealty.com
269-372-4400
Yes, these companies are still around. However, as the two people before me stated, they will buy your home for well below market value. I would suggest you only go this route if you are in complete distress and need any amount of money direly. If you can hold out for a little while longer, I would suggest you get yourself an experienced real estate agent.

All the best.
Jcontella,
If you want to sell for 60% to 70% of the market value, go for it. You can probably get more just by picking any agent and listing it. If you want a good price, pick an excellent agent and listen to what they say. You'll put more money in your pocket.

Yes there are companies and individuals who do pay cash for properties. But many of these people will pay you under market Value for the property, usually it is well under market value.

Contact a local Realtor and see if they have any investors that are interested in purchasing local properties. Or look online for local property buyers and contact them. It doesn't hurt to get an idea of what they are willing to pay. If you are truly interested in selling your property, have a local Realtor run some comparables for you to see what similar properties sell for. Also find out what the average time on the market is for homes in your area, you may be pleasantly surprised.

The bottom line is, weigh out all of your options and make a smart decision.

HAIG
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com