Home Selling in Livonia>Question Details

ECX016T, Home Seller in Livonia, MI

Are there separate agents for sellers and separate agents for buyers? If yes, how do I determine I am getting one agent that will work the best for me

Asked by ECX016T, Livonia, MI Fri Feb 15, 2013

Answers

3
If your asking if one agent could do both for you if your looking to sell a home and then buy another then the answer would be yes. If your referring to in the same transaction then it could yes,or maybe. To find the agent that will work best with you is the one your most comfortable with as you need an open line of communication for questions and access to their time.
In any given transaction there should be separate agents for buyers and sellers. This ensures that agents are acting in the best interest of their clients during the transaction. However, if you are selling your current home and looking to buy a different home, most agents can fulfill the role of buyers agent and sellers agent for you. The important thing is to find someone you trust, who will give you honest information, while utilizing skill and knowledge to get the most from your sale and get the best possible terms and/or price on your purchase. It doesn't hurt to interview a few and see which agent you feel most comfortable with before choosing an agent to work with.
Web Reference: http://KWryan.com
Ideally, you'll select a buyer agent who will represent you fully during your purchase experience.
You want to find an agent who is quick on reply, gives great information and is an asset to you. This person will represent you first on your behalf, not the seller.

Occasionally, you'll find a home with your buyer agent that they may be the listing agent on also -- that is a dual agency situation.

Many buyers feel that they can "get a better deal" by calling the listing agent -- and this is false. Commissions are pre-negotiated, and if you call the listing agent, their first responsibility is to the seller, not to you.

If you want to learn more or have questions, please feel free to check out my website below or give me a call. I have many references I can share :)

Thanks!