Home Selling in Carmel>Question Details

John Steffen, Other/Just Looking in Lakewood Ranch, FL

Are there any stat's available for average length of time to sell for Carmel?

Asked by John Steffen, Lakewood Ranch, FL Wed Mar 30, 2011

Answers

11
Hi John,

This is one of those questions that is both simple and difficult to answer.
Simply put - the average time on market for 2010 in Carmel - 94 days.
Difficult - DOM went from 1 - 772 days. In price range from $0 - $525k
the DOM averaged 76. In the price range from $526k - up, the DOM averaged 149.5.

DOM or Days On Market varies according to the amount of homes in a particular price range, the number of
buyers in that price range and the quality of the home in comparison to others in its price range.

I hope that answered your question. But for details about what to expect both in DOM and Sale Price for a particular home, please contact me.

Marita Topmiller
Assoc Broker Prudential Indiana Realty Group
marita@maritatopmiller.com
317-513-4652
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 30, 2011
Averages can be manipulated to tell anyone what they want to hear. No home is average to me. Some are overpriced, some are underprices. Some are nice and some are not. Some sellers are desperate and some don't care. Each is unique, so I tend to ignore all stats.
The stats are one way of looking at the condition of the market to give you an overall perspective but having an agent look at your property and give you a specialized analysis is the way to go. An agent should be able to give you a fairly accurate picture of the number of days you can anticipate that it will take to sell YOUR home and show you how you, as a seller, can affect your days on the market. Price and condition, location and actual competitors greatly determine your sales outcome! If you would like a personalized report that would answer this question for you please call me!
Cindy Peyton
319-5090
cpeyton@kw.com
Using the same statistics as in my previous post with the narrowed price range of $260,000-$290,000 in Carmel. . . . .The average days on the market over the last 12 months is 66 days on the market. The months supply of homes in this price range is 6.89 months. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Janet Jernigan
Hi John, you have already received a lot of great answers...I'll just echo that it varies by neighborhood greatly. I write a blog http://www.mycarmelblog.com that shows Neighborhood reports...just click on that and you will see many of the Carmel neighborhoods and their specific stats that I have written on recently.
I know when I list a home; have it staged, give the seller a To Do List and have it professionally photographed...my own DOM are very competitive.
Web Reference: http://www.marchantteam.com
John,

For clarification, my previous answer was based on the price ranges of $260,000 to $290,000's, which I think you were inquiring about.
According to the Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of Realtors, as of today, there were 35 homes sold in Carmel over the past six months and the average days on market was 101. If you email me your address I can send you a quick CMA (comparable market analysis)

You can also visit my blog for more Carmel stats: http://www.carmelwestfieldhomes.com
Price range is $260k - $290k
There are all kinds of stats, but they vary so much based on the neighborhood, the price and condition of the home and the quality of the marketing the real estate agent does. Buyers are out right now, and it's not unusual for houses to sell within a week. But, if the house is overpriced, messy or needs a lot of work, the house can linger on the market for months. I know that doesn't answer your question directly, but hopefully it helps clarify.

Laura Musall
F.C. Tucker Company
Kelly Dather Real Estate Group
317.702.0058
Laura@TalktoTucker.com
The average number of days on the market really depends on what price range you are in. Our Broker Listing Cooperative shows that the average number of days to pending in all price ranges combined in Carmel is 81 days during the current listing period. Now this number does not include the days that a home was on the market under a previous listing either with the same agent or another company. A better statistic to look at is Months Supply of Inventory which is 7.62 months in Carmel. That means that if no other homes came on the market it would take 7.62 months to sell every home. So this number is probably closer to our average time on the market. If you give me your current home's price range I can give you more accurate numbers for your price range.

Janet Jernigan
Broker/Owner
Platinum Realty Group
Even if there were stat's, and no doubt there are, the length of time it takes a property to sell is largely influenced by the asking price. The higher the asking price, the longer it takes to sell. The lower, the faster.

Let me suggest you price your property at a price your local real estate market will support, relative to true value.
Web Reference: http://www.golftobeach.com