surferray69, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

Are there any real, real estate sales people left in Queens.Or are they just people who show up and show your apartment and hope for the best ?

Asked by surferray69, Las Vegas, NV Thu Jul 25, 2013

Answers

12
surferray69, I hope your apt is in contract by now. There are good agents and bad agents, not just in Queens, it could be everywhere. My company has a lot of outstanding real estate experts and for the ones that I see everyday (full time agents), they are incredible.
.I seen an agent walking up and down my block on a Saturday afternoon with several different buyers looking at listings.I ran outside to pick his brain I recognized this guy because he had come to my apartment 2 weeks before during an open house,I couldn't help but think why wasn't my agent as active as this.I liked his energy and work ethic.

This agent also had a flyer up in the local supermarket.And everyone of the little number tabs was taken.The apartment was a 1 bedroom the same as mine in the same building complex and asking price was 20k more which is a lot in this area.
Would I be able to fire my agent and hire this guy ?
Putting Ads in the supermarket IMO would not be efficient enough. How do you know those tabs aren't ripped before hand. But yes, your agent should be active and interested in being an active agent selling your home. What is your broker doing online? 90% of buyers find their home first online. In fact, that's really the first showing now. Second showings are actual appointments. If you aren't getting enough showings, then there are many different reasons for that. Poor marketing, poor images, poor description, poor SEO. If you email me at ASOTO@corcoran.com I would be happy to do a virtual analysis of your property.

Read your contract. It should explain how to terminate your agreement.
Flag Fri Jul 26, 2013
Surfer,
very interesting question.
Let me begin with asking. "What are you expecting a 'real' real estate sales person to do?
Some may expect to hear, "Hi pretty lady, what can it do to get you into this darling condo, TODAY?"
Or maybe, "If we can reach a deal today, I'll throw in a weed end in Atlantic City."
Perhaps you expect the agent to announce, "and here's the kitchen....and here's the bedroom,...and here's the bath..and here's the dining room...and here's the living room and here's the kitchen."
-
Some realize that until the prospective buyer expresses interest,
until the property proves to meet the needs of the buyer,
until it is known the seller can accomidate the buyers need....
a 'Real" sales person can find themselves on the wrong end of a complaint. Much like what you are doing right now.
-
I know that I've heard more often than you have buyers expressing great concern regarding being PRESSURED to make a buy.
Pressured to make a decsion.
Pressured to make a competive purchase offer.
When this concern is expressed or even felt by the buyer, the relationship of trust is compromised, and many months of work..LOST!
-
No, you don't need to HOPE for the best. As the seller, you had the opportunity to analyze the obstacles a potential buyer may encounter. You did have the opportunity to create solutions to these obstacles and include those solutions to motivate a buyer to act quickly. Getting your apartment sold is an collaboration between you and your agent, and the network of professionals who will bring the buyer. The higher goals of the buyer is known to their agent. These goals rarely prove compatible with the "Hey, Pretty Lady' sales speil.
-
So Big Sur, "What do I have to do to get you to reduce the price, TODAY?"
Of course I don't want someone to be pressured into buying my place and then find some reason to back out halfway through contract.But its just my opinion that a good agent should do more than just show up and show a listing.A year or two ago I would have blamed it on the market.But I'm seeing a lot of sales in my area for the same size and priced apartments.
Flag Thu Jul 25, 2013
Surferray69,

The Realtor who lists your property should be tops in MARKETING, not in selling.

If the property is well marketed, it should be marketed to the thousands of Realtors who will be bringing buyers to your house. This gives you the best exposure and brings the most amount of potential buyers possible.

If this is what your Realtor is currently doing, you chose well!
I am a full time Queens agent and we have a staff of agents who live in Queens. http://www.LIPREALTY.com and we are members of Long Island Board of Realtors.

Hector Gavilla
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Long Island Professional Realty
39-01 Main St, Suite311
Flushing, NY 11354
347-966-8105 x700
We just opened a Real Estate office in Flushing and have hired a few local Queens agents. Are you looking to buy, sell, or rent?
It takes time to find the best suitable person for and to meet
your expectations. If you need help or have more questions
feel free to call me.
Fajardo Delacruz
347 932-0609
Hi again sirferray69. I've noticed many sales agents in Queens simply list your home on the MLS and hope the buying sides sells the place. Many agents are unprofessional and have no follow up system. You may have done a poor job interviewing your agent and would bring your questions up to them.
You're right I did an absolutely terrible job interviewing my agent.I've been kicking myself since I signed the contract.Because I didn't listen to my gut.And decided to give her a chance.I had a showing yesterday and my agent walked out with the potential buyer not saying a word to me.Not even a text telling me what the buyer thought.
Flag Thu Jul 25, 2013

I understand your frustration. While there are good real estate agents in Queens, it can take some effort to find them. I cover both Queens and Manhattan and am willing to come meet with you.

Michael Richman
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
KIAN Realty
450 7th Avenue Suite 1501
New York, NY 10123
212-757-8268 x220
917-991-2528
mrichman@kianrealtynyc.com
http://www.kianrealtynyc.com
Plenty of good agents out there, therefore take the time and interview a few in person and from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best.
Yes there are. My friend Johney Basantani lives in Queens so he knows the area very well. Contact him at Jbasantani@citihabitats.com

If interested in Manhattan contact me at scottmusmanno@gmail.com . I am a Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in NYC.