Home Selling in Blue Ridge>Question Details

Southernlivi…, Home Seller in Blue Ridge, GA

Are there any discount realtors in Blue Ridge, Ellijay area?

Asked by Southernliving, Blue Ridge, GA Mon Apr 13, 2009

Answers

4
Tina Hughes’ answer
YES! We service the northeast Georgia area and place your listing in the Georgia MLS as well as your local Northeast GA MLS so you will have full exposure to local Realtors as well as those bringing buyers from Atlanta. Please log onto our website at http://www.C21clickit.com for information on our packages or call us a 678-344-1600. Thanks for your interest.
Web Reference: http://www.c21clickit.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 13, 2009
Yes, we have discount brokers operating in this area just as in any area having property for sale. Ms. Honeycutt is correct in the advise she offers. However, if you have enjoyed the role of "FSBO", For Sale By Owner, the opportunity to schedule appointments, have your phone number publically displayed, being on call 24 hours a day and having to prepare your sale for closing, find a reliable real estate attorney to close the sale and make sure you have all the appropriate documents, then go for it. You might even find out you enjoy the role and after you have completed your sale, become a "real" realtor. I am not being flippant-I once sold a house through a flat fee service, found out I liked real estate and then invested in the schooling, took the state test to be "professional", have since spent many dollars and hours obtaining continued education and keeping abreast of changes in the market,etc so I can properly service my clients. However, if all that "Self - service" doesn't appeal to you, do as Ms. Honeycutt suggested and find your self a good realtor to guide you through one of the most important business deals you will handle in your life. Lately we have had no control over our savings and retirement funds, but we can control how we handle this other big investment in our life.
Good luck to you whichever way you go.
Web Reference: http://www.judyaselton.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 16, 2009
There are people who can sell their own property successfully, but the numbers show that the percentage who do is very low. Visit Realtor.com and there will be information about that right here on Trulia. More than 80% of FSBOs will give up and hire a Realtor. Think of the time and expense incurred when it doesn't work out. If you go it on your own, consider how you will screen potential buyers so you know who is showing up at your door. Not only from a safety standpoint but also, tangible proof on whether they can even buy your property and are not wasting your time. There's plenty of daunting tasks to market and sell a home that many consumers have no idea what a Realtor handles behind the scenes. Also, marketing exposure is absolutely critical and hugely expensive. Do you know your rights and how to protect yourself in accordance with law regarding home inspections, appraisal, and contractual obligations? What about mold or the possibility of mold in your house, lead paint to mention a few other common issues these days.
My best advice to you is to do your homework in regards to the limited services a discount broker provides vs. a full service Realtor. Ask a family member, friend or neighbor to refer you to a trusted Realtor if you don't know one. Get the facts on the market and how your house compares to the competition because there is a lot of competition. Be careful not to let someone "sell you", but will "tell you" straight up. I sincerely wish you the best in your decision and I hope I've given you something to really think about in order to help you make the best decision.
I am not aware of any discount brokers in our area. But I would suggest to you that in this difficult time for Sellers, this is the time when you most need the services of an experienced full service real estate broker who is a Realtor to sell your home. Probably the most important part will be pricing your homes competitively in today's market.. Do you know the number and prices of the REO's in your market that you will be competing against? Do you have a valid CMA that tells you what you need to know, not what you want to hear? Do you know what concessions would be most helpful in marketing your home? What you see as special to you about your home, may not be it's most marketable asset. Do you have a contract available that will protect you if you find a buyer? A Realtor is not the same as a real estate agent. Education, Ethics, and Experience do count. Check out the WEB reference.