Home Selling in Keller>Question Details

Vowsftworth, Home Seller in 76244

Are there ANY people buying houses (or even looking at them) in N Fort Worth?

Asked by Vowsftworth, 76244 Sat Jul 24, 2010

I am getting depressed about my home sale. Have talked to multiple realtors all says I am priced right and show like a model home, but we have not gotten any showing in 2 months? Are there ANY people buying houses (or even looking at them) in N Fort Worth?

Answers

7
Sounds like your home is not the problem and it sounds like your Realtor is exposing it to the market. I have buyers that are looking and buying in North Fort Worth, so don't think the market is the problem either (although your price point may be slower. Hard to tell because we don't have enough info.). I read in your comments that you feel you are in the lower price range for similar homes, but I would still have to question if you are priced correctly. (Sorry :( ) Are your neighborhoood values declining or improving? If you are priced behind the market you will be constantly making adjustments to keep up, at which time you will have lost the buyers that might have been interested. My suggestion (if you haven't done this yet) would be to have an appraisal done to see exactly what your market value is now, and what your market is doing (decreasing, stable, or increasing). Make sure that you tell the appraiser that you also want the 1004MC report as well as the 1004 report. The MC report is a report that tells you the Market Conditions for properties similar to yours. It will cost around $300-$350, but could save you thousands if you are priced incorrectly. Make sure you communicate to the appraiser why you are having it done so that he/she is clear that it's not for a refinance, etc.. Talk this over with your Realtor and get their thoughts. Sounds like you have one you really trust and that speaks for itself. Good luck!!

Jackie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 24, 2010
Don't get too discouraged. This is a difficult market and many people are shying away from buying even with interest rates so low - BUT, yes, there are people purchasing in Keller/N. Fort Worth. This area experienced tremendous growth over the last 5 years and many of those homes are back on the market. Have faith and keep in contact with your Realtor about showings, feedback and how they are marketing your home. Don't be afraid to approach your Realtor with marketing ideas you may have as well. Your buyer is out there!
I cannot offer any service to you that I have, since you are working with another Realtor, you need to talk with your Realtor about your Fort worth property, price advice and the other features.

Good Luck,
Pelin
http://www.dallashomelist.com
Sure....something is wrong though.
Is your home listed with a realtor?
If you are FSBO this is perhaps why....over 90pct of the homes that sell are listed with realtors.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I had extremely high confidence in my realtor and had interviewed 5 different realtors. But the feedback from my realtor is:
"I have spoken with many other realtors with active listings with and no one is getting showings right now."

I have been listed since May. I have had a few "previews" by realtors and only 1 actual client showing. All gave highest praise for my house, the photos & online tour. The provided feed back was: great house, shows like a model, great pics/on line tour, I will remember this house when I have clients. The one buyer that actually viewed the house said they were just looking for something with a larger formal dining area than my house had.

As far as exposure I can find my house everywhere on the internet, MLS, signage in the yard, we've had an open house. The only thing I know that hasn't been done is a newspaper ad.

And my house is in the lower price point 165K at $72 per sq foot.
Many factors come into play for home showings. What is your home value? Luxury homes have lower amount of potential buyers than homes from $150K - $250K .

Lynn911.com
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
That certainly doesn't sound right. No showings in 2 months means that the home isn't getting the exposure it needs, priced too high or the pictures are bad and doesn't look inviting to show.

There are however 127 active homes (resales) on the market as of today in vows priced betweeen 90K and 330K.

173 homes sold since January. This means that yes there are buyers out there. It's just a matter of bringing attention to your house.

There are also 44 homes that are new construction priced between 140K and 350K.

How long has your house been on the market and how many showings? What is the feedback to your agent not to you.

Naima
214-289-8555
Naima@Sumner-Realty.com
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com