travers, Home Buyer in Santa Clarita, CA

Are the fall and winter months still favorable to sell my house?I know in the summer is when the market moves.Is there a big difference when to sell?

Asked by travers, Santa Clarita, CA Sun Jun 9, 2013

Answers

13
Also, before you speak with a realtor, speak with your accountant. depending on your situation, there may be tax consequences.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 16, 2013
It depends on your goals. I would talk to at least 3 Realtors in the area that are full time, experienced, with extensive local market knowledge.
Web Reference: http://www.LauraCoffey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 14, 2013
Dear Travers,
Traditionally the Spring and Summer are busy for home sales because families have the time to look, and children are out of school, however, I have sold property in the Winter and one was right after New Year!
In your area the Fall and Winter are nice times of year, so if that is when you want to sell, I say....go for it!
According to figures from the National Associations of Estate Agents houses are down for sale from 63 to 61 properties in the past month, while the number of house hunters has risen from 293 to 297.
Right now we are experience low supply and high demand in most metropolitan areas, meaning if you are ready to sell, right now is a great time to do so.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Traditionally, The best time to sell is the springtime. It starts around super bowl Sunday and slows down around July 4th.

However, that is the best of the best. The market is what you want to pay attention to. Right now, we have low inventory and low interest rates. Anytime is a good time to list your house in today's market.

The perfect timing is to have your house listed and fully marketed by February to take advantage of the springtime rush. But in today's market, it won't matter that much.

Watch the market and think about timing. Remember, the difference between lettuce and garbage is timing
Hi Travers, my best advice is this, do what's best for you, anytime is a good time to sell, its all about hiring the right agent to represent you when you are ready.

As many agents will attest summer, is a popular selling season with kids out of school, however December has also been an active month believe it or not. It's the end of the tax year and many buyers are looking to invest before the taxman comes.

If you're thinking about selling right now it's all about proper pricing and attracting quality buyers to purchase your home, not the quantity.

As mentioned by other agents we do have bidding wars going on for many properties right now with the lack of inventory. It's a matter how your agent represents and protects you. We still see agents presenting sloppy contracts and buyers who just barely qualify.

I'm about making sure our clients properties are sold in the least amount of time for top dollar with the best representation.

If you havn't selected an agent to work with yet, I would like the opportunity to earn your business.

Jennifer Ricco
Re/Max of Santa Clarita
Honestly your best bet would be to consult with a handful of professionals that are specific to your area. Each home is different and every situation is different, a professional evaluation of your home and circumstance is ideal when it comes to the specific marketing plan for your home. I wouldn't be able to give you a direct answer on when to list your property on the market because there is so much more info needed before hand. I would appreciate the opportunity to help you with a marketing strategy and when it is best to list YOUR home! Thanks so much and best of luck!

Alex Meguerditchian
(661)964-7321
AlexM@Troop.com
http://www.AlexLAEstates.com
It would be best to have a consultation of your property before completing any work to sell it. Sometimes people put money into a house that they can not recover in the sale. In this market there are some repairs that may not be necessary. Feel free to call, text, or email me to discuss.

Kim Pape
Realty Executives
661-212-2032
kimpape@me.com
lcd, It would be wisest to have me or another professional Realtor stop by your home to give you advise from the view of someone that knows what the best condition is needed to sell your home at peak value. This is a time with extremely high demand and bidding wars. It doesn't make sense to invest any money that won't bring back a positive cash back return. Call, Text or Email to meet right away!

Tony Lewis RE/MAX of Valencia Cell - 661-510-7975 tonyglewis@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.TonyLewis.com
Thank you for all the answers. I own two properties and was thinking of selling one and move into the other. I wanted to put my home on the market this summer but probably wait til after since I have to do some repairs and upgrades. Any advice would be appreciative.
We are in a changing market in which prices seem to be rising daily. Traditionally, July & August will be the peak time to sell but with a market that is out of control such as the one that exist today it would take a crystal ball to determine when prices will stop rising. The question that you need to answer is what is your goal? If you plan on making a move into another home you will be selling and buying in the same market so timing isn't as crucial. Should you be selling only than it is important to know if you have equity that will be reinvested timing is very important. Call, text or email to discuss your individual situation in detail.

Tony Lewis RE/MAX of Valencia tonyglewis@yahoo.com Cell - 661-510-7975
Web Reference: http://www.TonyLewis.com
There are pluses and minuses as to which season to sell...In the end you have to sell when it's best for you and your family.

There are far more buyers in the summer months and that typically drops off after labor day. On the other hand, those buyers on the market in fall and winter tend to be more serious as opposed to 'just looking around.'

Typically the summer months are the busier times for buying and selling but homes are selling all year long. The question I would ask you is what is your situation and when do you want to move? Are you moving out of state, new city, wanting to buy another bigger/smaller home? I have sold homes during the Christmas holidays along with summer. Right now our current market seems to have prices going higher and interest rates have climbed higher also so selling in the fall may get you a higher price for your home but again it would then also mean the same if you are purchasing a new home.

Bottom line is the home will sell as long as it is priced in market value for its condition. The main thing to consider is your reasons for selling and your situation. I can sit down with you in person or over the phone and discuss this with no obligation and no sales pitch just what is best for you. Feel free to contact me via email at kimpape@me.com or directly by phone at 661-212-2032