Crystal Ly T…, Real Estate Pro in Winnetka, IL

Are old homes hard to sell?

Asked by Crystal Ly Tran, Winnetka, IL Sat Mar 8, 2014

Many Sellers that live in old homes in Wilmette have a fear of selling their homes due to the fear of finding out the true market value of their real estate.

Answers

8
Our online community loves historic and old houses. We have over 500K people viewing our site monthly to find something with character, style and class. Yes it may need a bit of work, but there is an active audience looking to get away from the cookie cutter suburbs and the un-sustainable mcmansions.

Market your property right and make sure you pick the right realtor and you will have a winning match.

--
Elizabeth
Circa Old Houses
http://www.circaoldhouses.com
It's all about location, condition, and price.....Regardless of a home's age, if it is in a desirable location, has been well maintained, and is priced in-step with current market activity, the home should sell.

On the other hand, an overpriced older home that is in a poor location and poorly maintained may be a "tough row to hoe...."

Many people love Vintage homes. With modern upgrades such as AC using Spac Pac and a new kitchen and bathrooms you get the look and feel that cannot be had in new construction. In Chicago's North Shore many people prefer the Victorian through 1920's homes.
That's odd. I live in an area where "old" houses are the norm. I would never buy a new house myself - the quality and architecture can't compare. Every type of house has its fan club.
Price based on what has sold, not on what is for sale. I have sold multiple homes in my areas "Historic District". You have to play to the home's benefits (hardwood flooring, cool fireplace mantel, high ceilings, etc)
The Wilmette Real Estate Market is booming. property is selling at record speed this year and all types of homes are selling. The stats are staggering for Wilmette. The vintage homes are in huge demand and the market values has gone way up. If you are interested I just wrote a blog about this situation you may want to check out.

http://actvra.in/4fxR
Noah
Many buyers seek out the older or mid century homes because they have more character and usually better locations.
In this insanely tight and active market sellers may be surprised what they can get! With demand high and many homes with multiple offers on them housing prices are on the rise do to demand being high and inventory being down! Either way isn't it better to know the market value than to sit in the dark wondering????