Sheree Cox, Real Estate Pro in Stockton, CA

Are home prices on the uptick???

Asked by Sheree Cox, Stockton, CA Fri Jun 1, 2012

How do you price a home to sell in todays market?? Many factors need to be considered. What are your concerns???

Answers

6
Here in my market in New Jersey we are having a very busy Spring Market, with signs of pricing stabilization and even multiple offer scenarios on the best properties- those in good locations, good condition and priced smartly.

Case in point, today I showed a home in Scotch Plains - just learned on day 1 on the market it attracted 3 offers!

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
I agree, the housing market is on the upswing and it looks to keep rising. With the low interest rates and raising values, more homeowners are finally getting back to positive equity values.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 1, 2013
Prices are on the "Up Tick" as you put it. Due to still very low interest rates and low inventory. Tens of thousands of homes were lost to the housing crash. Many of these who once owned a home, are now ready to reenter the market to own again. Prices should continue to move upward at a modest pace for awhile longer before the market balances out.
Absolutely and for the past 4 months in all Northern California County's.

Rocky G.H. Hawrysz
Prudential California Realty
(209) 444-6610 Direct
(209) 433-2000 Fax
rocky@prucalifornia.com
http://www.TeamHawrysz.com
License No. 01468373
It depends. Where are you entering the market? Do you want to turn and burn (fix and flip)? Or do you want to buy and hold to rent/lease or occupy?
There are several factors in determing the price of the home. Comparables in the neighborhood, the average number of days properties are staying on the market, overall condition of the property, and supply and demand. As a realtor in my market I am able to run a report which shows the quarter to quarter comparison of prices in my area . You might want to contact a local realtor in your area and see if they are willing to provide you a report like this. The statistics for these reports are generated off of the local multiple listing service so it should provide fairly accurate information specific to your area.

Debbie Good
Team Good & Miller
Realtor Associate
Dorrington Realty
id 01386548