lcd, Home Buyer in Santa Clarita, CA

Are cornered houses in more demand than normal ones?

Asked by lcd, Santa Clarita, CA Thu Aug 1, 2013

I just noticed a cornered house in my neighborhood selling within a week of listing at a high price. My house is also located at a corner.

Answers

9
Yes typically a property situated on a corner is more appealing to buyers because it is at times larger and there is more privacy. But honestly in todays market it really doesn't matter...your home will sell, todays market conditions are ideal for sellers! In many cases at or above asking price is the norm and buyers are competing to get there offer accepted. If you would like me to evaluate your home at no cost to you feel free to call or email me. You might be in a position to sell and not know it! Thanks for your question.

Alex Meguerditchian
(661)964-7321
Nice, thanks for the info!
Flag Tue Aug 13, 2013
Alex that's what I keep hearing! I might be interested in selling, can you please email me a home evaluation? Ill email you my info! Thanks!
Flag Thu Aug 1, 2013

A lot on the corner can be more appealing if it has a large backyard or lot size, but depends on the street and neighborhood.

There is currently very low inventory throughout Los Angeles and Southern California so homes are selling quickly and often with multiple offers or over asking price. If you are interested in selling your home, I would be happy to provide you with a free professional estimate of your home value and guide you through the home selling process.

Feel free to contact me directly at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com with any further questions/concerns.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty Fine Estates
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.jamietian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 1, 2013
Corner lots are definitely larger, but whether or not they are more in demand is questionable. Having a stop sign several feet from your driveway, or on the side of your house, would (in my opinion) negate any value of a larger lot and actually make it less desirable.
Corner Lots are normally larger then homes located in other parts of the block. We should take a look at the property in question to know the reason why it sold so fast. For a fast sale, the price is normally very good for the property.
Good Afternoon,

There are buyers for all homes at this moment. Demand is very high and there are not enough homes for the amount of buyers currently looking to purchase. Home values are determined by the surrounding homes that have recently closed escrow. I would be more than happy to provide you with a current market analysis for your home. Please feel free to contact me at anytime.
A corner lot is not valued higher than other like kind properties. There are buyers who want a corner lot to eliminate being sandwiched in so it could sell quicker that a like kind home between two other properties.
A Corner Home is only in demand when it is not located on a high, medium and even low traffic street. The concerns are noise and children playing outside. A corner lot with no traffic offer more privacy and less neighbors. My preference is a culdesac location away from the corner. The end of the culdesac may offer the largest lot.

Tony Lewis * RE/MAX of Valencia tonyglewis@yahoo.com Cell - 661-510-7975 http://www.TonyLewis.com
Web Reference: http://www.TonyLewis.com
Yes...homes on corners are usually more appealing. :)
Corner lots are often seen as desirable because lot sizes tend to be larger...and there is only one actual neighbor.