Home Selling in Wellesley>Question Details

Lenti, Home Seller in Wellesley, MA

Are any agents working with major firms willing to sell a ~$1M property in Wellesley for less than the standard 5% fee?

Asked by Lenti, Wellesley, MA Sun Oct 4, 2009

Answers

12
Territory.com’s answer
As you can see agents are very sensitive about their commissions which is ridiculous ... If you want a straight conversation give me a call ... 6178485407 extension 706 or help@territoryre.com
I will give you good recommendations.

Check us out: http://www.territoryre.com
Check out:
redfin.com
ziprealty.com

When you are ready to buy we work on a flat fee so please reach out to us! This means huge cash back savings when you close on a home.

The companies above don't offer flat fees for home-buyers which means not as big savings. Hope that helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009
I'm happy to help. Lets chat!

Kim Foemmel, Hallmark Sotheby's International Realty, KimFoemmel.com, 508.808.1149
FYI all - I ended up paying 5% if buyer has a broker and 4% if they don't. Some brokers I spoke with were willing to sell for 4%, however they seemed second rate.

I am not clear about Sean Dawes comment / warning below that "commissions are not allowed to discussed online"... what is this - North Korea?!?! Thank God we still live in the USA and we can discuss whatever we please!!!
Wow...Wouldn't getting you the best price in the shortest amount of time with great marketing for your home
make up for whatever the commission price may end up to be? There are no preset commissions. It is a discussion of the buyer's agent fee and the listing agent's fee with you the seller that helps you determine
what it takes to sell your home in the timeframe and price range desired. I suggest you interview several brokers to get a feel for the different marketing programs, varied market analyses, and the best overall fit with your needs for this important transaction of your property. I would be glad to help if I can.
Lynne Hagopian
LHagopian@hammondre.com
508 620-2222 x330
Hammond Residential
Lenti,

Before anyone starts discussing it, I want to make you aware that commissions are not allowed to be discussed online in this kind of manner.

If you are looking to sell a home over $1mil I suggest you go under the find a pro feature on trulia and email a few local realtors to interview. At that time you can discuss how they could market your home and what the costs would be.

Sean Dawes
Web Reference: http://www.SeanDawes.com
Lenti,
I think it's important that an agent stages your home, has it ready with great photo's and prices it correctly to achieve the goal of getting the most amount of money in the least amount of time. I hope you want an agent who communicates with you to get the job done right. Call me if that's what your looking for.
Mindy R. Shanfeld
Presidents Award Winner, Fine Homes Specialist
Realtor, CBR, ASP, Relocation Specialist
Prudential Town and Country
http://www.mindyshanfeld.com
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Lenti,
everything is up for you to negotiate. You should identify your wants, needs, time frame and desires and interview agents based on that to assist you and work together as a team in order to best accomplish above
in the current market conditions.
Yanni
Thanks for the helpful answers, I am especially interested in learning more about opportunities to work with buyer's agents who provide a commission rebate, or even better work for a flat fee. Please indicate if you provide these services.

Thanks!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
Let's talk!

Judy Boyle
Weichert Realtors ComVest Residential
508-561-7164
You really do not need a 'big firm' - you need someone with experience and who is strong on the internet.
Use someone who is CRS (certified residential specialist) with at least 10 years experience. Million dollar properties are not usually sold for a percentage but rather a flat fee and that fee is negotiable.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009
Feel free to contact us and we can discuss your options.

The Walsh Team
508-400-7063
info@walshteam.com

William Raveis Real Estate
50 Central Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
781-235-5000
Web Reference: http://www.walshteam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009