Francine, Home Seller in 43953

Anyway I can get out of contract with current realtor. Not at all satisfied with them.

Asked by Francine, 43953 Fri Sep 2, 2011

They have not had a single person through my house. I told them I wanted open house. This resulted in four interested parties. No results. They have brought no one through on their own. What can I do?

Answers

2
Hello Francine. You can ask them if you can have a mutual release from the listing because you are not satisfied with the work they are doing for you. They should be willing to do this. If they aren't, check when your listing is expired and make sure you don't miss that date. For me, 100% guarentee is what I go for and would be happy to release a listing if any client of mine would not be happy with my efforts. So, expect the best...be gracious and appreciative for what they have done (open house...four interested parties), and make your plans for a mutual release that will free you from your contract.
Hi Francine:

How are things in Steubenville? I'm a former Buckeye myself.

As for your problem with the real estate agent, I would suggest that you sit down with him or her and have a long heart-to-heart.

In your question, you don't say anything about how long your home has been on the market, but I can tell you that recently there have been very few buyers looking at homes in the area where I now live and this may be an issue in Steubenville also. I believe this has a lot to do with the financial news, which turned pretty negative again recently. I think it will improve, but it has been affecting buyers.

You should know that open houses do not usually attract a lot of lookers. Four is not a great number, but it also is not a terrible one. And, you should also know that the agent you list with will probably will not bring a lot of buyers herself/himself. That is the value of the local MLS. It tells other agents in the area that they can bring their buyers to take a look and these agents together usually bring a lot more buyers than your listing agent would ever be able to on his/her own.

HOWEVER: if your house has been on the market for more than a month, your agent should be in contact with you to give you an idea about why things are slow. If this has not happened, then you should set up an appointment on your own and come with a lot of questions. You may even have some idea about what is wrong. If, after the meeting, you still feel that the agent is not doing a good job, it may be time to talk to the broker/owner at the agent's company. If your are really unhappy, the company may let you out of your contract even if there is no "escape clause" in the contract.

Ron Rovtar