Home Selling in Topsfield>Question Details

Lori Schmerl…, Both Buyer and Seller in New Smyrna Beach, FL

Anyone want a renovated 1800's estate with 14 acres on the North Shore of Boston in Topsfield,Ma,?

Asked by Lori Schmerler, New Smyrna Beach, FL Wed Aug 27, 2008

I have a beautifully renovated historical country estate 29 miles to Boston in Topsfield, anyone have any interesting way of marketing this highend property in this Real Estate Market presently?

Answers

7
Mike, I understand that breaking up the property isnt what we wanted to do. We are not developers it is a family estate. We have invested a sizeable amount for the legal, engineering, renovation and upkeep for the property. The cost of the property as a whole is negotiable..Feel free to call me if you wish to discuss it, 1-386-334-2787 Lori Cheever-Schmerler
As a buyer looking for property much like you have available, I have been following your listing for some time now with great interest. Frankly, I have two issues: your price is simply too high for what you are offering and secondly, the concept of cutting up the property and trying to force the buyer into some kind of a la carte deal at developers' prices to avoid having an unknown number of new neighbors and/or abutting development projects is tragic.
Thanks for all your ideas, as Realtors, I appreciate it

We had the Property with a Sothesby office but they didnt seem to market very actively. We thought they had more of a highend client to view it but they didnt have any action for the last year in their office for the north Shore for over million dollar client . .We did not renew with them
My sister is a local broker, Kerry Cheever, 1-978-590-6421, and lives on the property but we have it staged for selling not living. If you would like to contact her for viewing for any clients you have in mind we are discussing a sizeable bonus for the selling agent, if you can get a buyer before the end of the year..We have the property, Called in this area "Witch Hill" divided as a main house with 4 acres 2,200,000. on the MLS with my sister Kerry.

There is also an additional 1800's Carriage house approved for a 4 bedroom home, stables and 10 acres of pasture with 900 foot frontage on US 1 which is negotiable for some one who may want more property, we are in the engineering stages for two more addtional lots. Also if some one would like to do a B& B it is perfect for that, or where it is outlying residential, there is mutiple opportunities for the property..
Hi Lori,

I WANT IT!! I am a Keller Williams agent in Topsfield and would like to share my thoughts with you. Our high end market on the North Shore is starting to see some renewed vigor in the past month. I believe this is an outstanding market and that a well priced, presented, positioned and represented property will find a buyer. Understand that you have to be the cream and not the milk. At the height of the market, buyers would forgive a lot of faults in a house for fear that they would lose the opportunity to own it if they asked for too much. Nowadays, buyers want the house to be near perfect and will overlook a look less. So find the agent that can give you a honest opinion of what still needs to be done if anything.

What's unique about this home? Is it the historical significance, or the 14 acres? Are the renovations straight from Architectural Digest? What about the location? Whatever your answer, you will need to focus on the strengths and market to them with lots of exposure online. Hire an agent that understands on line marketing as well as social networking. Perhaps consider the agent that has a background in property management and understands how to caretake the estate as I assume you are out of the area.

Lori, It sounds like your property would be well suited for high end print advertising like DuPont Registry, WSJ, Boston Magazine or Northshore Magazine. A single property website and syndication to the major online arenas would be important. Virtual and streaming video tours are a must. Please call me if you are looking to find a buyer for this property. It sounds great. Would love to see it.

Maurine Turcotte, ABR
http://www.MaurineTurcotte.com
List with an agent, once this is on Cyberhomes and MLS, you will get what you want, do youu want the land developed or would you prefer to preserve the property?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2008
Hi Lori- Is this a "horse" property (now or in the past?) That can make a difference. I assume that this kind of high-end property would benefit from a brokerage that focuses on this niche. If you have Homes and Land or other types of RE magazines you'll see what names and companies handle the $1 million plus listings. I do know of one that works for Keller Williams and is listing a few $1.5+ million homes in Topsfield currently. If you're interested in that name, or anything else, please contact me. Thanks, and good luck-
Ken L.
Lori
You are definitely going to want to interview top Realtors in that market and then compare their marketing strategies. Broad internet exposure and Realtors that have access to qualified buyers are going to high on your list I expect.

If you would like me to refer you to a qualified Realtor I'd be happy to arrange it. Just contact via my Trulia profile.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA