Home Selling in Lakeview>Question Details

Christine Or…, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

Any tips on selling a coach house?

Asked by Christine Organ, Chicago, IL Wed Aug 13, 2008

We have a 2000 sq ft 4 bed/3 bath sfh in Lakeview but because it is a coach house (fee simple, no assessments) and priced similarly to 3 bedroom condos/townhomes we aren't sure how to market it. We want to make sure that we reach all of the buyers that would typically just search for a condo/townhome but that are interested in more space and privacy. Already have professional photos and its listed on MLS, etc.

Answers

2
can u send me the info on this Coach House. I have been looking for a Coach House in Southport Corridor with no luck. Thanks, Anne Berger bergspooh@aol.com
Christine,

I am marketing a coach house myself at 2107 W. Fletcher. I tried to find yours by searching for under the term coach house in the MLS under "Type of House" and nothing came up. If someone was specifically looking for a coach house by that method, they would never see your listing.

Depending on what the house is behind, you probably want to put "coach house" on your sign so that people don't think it's the front house. I actually don't have it on my sign but I am going to because I have been getting calls for the front building.

I would think that if you are priced similarly to recent SALES of townhomes in Lakeview of similar quality and size that you should find some people that are interested. There are always people that are looking to escape from condo living and would really appreciate that chance at owning their own home.

Eric Marcus
ESM Realty
Your Real Friend in Chicago Real Estate
773-244-1110
Web Reference: http://www.esmrealty.com