Michael Anth…, Real Estate Pro in 92656

Any marketing advice for selling a high end home ($1 million plus)?

Asked by Michael Anthony Italia, 92656 Wed Sep 8, 2010

Answers

12
Jamie Hennessey’s answer
Mitalia

I have a cash buyer looking in $1million range. Please feel free to email me privately at love2listyou@yahoo.com or call me at the number below. Lets get this house sold.

Jamie Hennessey
Re/Max Champions
(909)816-4766
I am in the estates division in Rancho Cucamonga and have sold high end homes for over 28 years starting in Los Angeles in the 80's. My suggestions is this. Get a qualified agent with a portfolio of estates they have sold over the years. Remember that there have only been million dollars homes for a few years so the agents would have had to sold high end homes somewhere else to start with. Second, they need to have an online presence, not just say they do. Mobile website, landing pages, being social media savvy, and syndication for listings. 86% of the buyers start online looking at homes. Look to see if they have featured homes on realtor.com, zillow.com, and truila.com. Only about 13% of the agents in the Inland Empire do have a presence on these sites. Finally, read the recommendations that they have on these sites and also yelp. Most of the high end homes are being bought by international buyers for cash and they start their search on the internet. When they are ready, they hire a well seasoned realtor. If you would like any questions answered that the internet cannot provide for you, I would be happy to answers them with no obligation. The best of luck. We all want top dollar for our homes. My contact information is 909-996-1883.
Aloha! Mitalia, High end homes seem to be selling in our area as long as they are presented well, represented well and priced correctly. Make sure you find a group that has the marketing capacity to reach individual buyers and sellers directly and not just via the internet. Buyers come in all shapes and nationalities these days. High end homes are especially attractive to these buyers.
Mitilia, one key to marketing the larger, upscale homes, is to get other agents into the property! Wether it's a Broker Open House or a caravan...many of the higher end homes are Appointment Only, and can be difficult to show when you have a buyer who wants to see the home ASAP!
I work for a high end luxury brokerage here in San Diego. We have specific marketing programs for listings above $1 million. Does your company have a marketing department? You can email me directly if you want some additional ideas. victoriacrown@willisallen.com

Victoria Crown
Broker Associate

http://www.SanDiegoCrowns.com
http://www.DowntownCrowns.com
Don't forget your friends when you get that big commission check!! :) lol
I don't personally well million dollar homes because its a different crowd of people you have to work towards. I know I've glanced at some listings, and they always seem to have catering at a open house by a well known chef in the area. You probably need to do something of this nature to get the type of agents and buyers to look at the property you have for sale. Now, if you don't normally deal in these high end homes, I would check out some listings in your area and study the listing agents on what they do to sell their homes. Its monkey see, money do. (Yes money do). Good Luck, hope you sell it quick.
Know the 90% of the time the person that brings the buyer is another Realtor.
Talk with other Realtors that work in that price range in your area. They probably are most closely connected to other buyers and/or their agents.

Market the property in a way that meets the needs of those buyers and their agents:
Make it easy to show
Have professional pictures
Before it hits the MLS make sure that the top Realtors know about it and feel as though they are being given a "heads up".
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Mark and Roland, thanks so much for your input. Mark I'll keep you in mind should I come across any referrals.

I know a lot of seminars and Realtor publications (Realtor Mag) are pushing social media as a marketing tool these days, and I'm in the midst of implementing those. I'm always open to new tips and tricks other realtors develop. Times change and innovation runs amuck, so it's good to keep an open mind to new suggestions, which is what I seek. Some agents are reluctant to give up their ideas, but I have no problem with it because it helps our industry out as a whole. I'll beef up my marketing plan with both of your advice and post info here should I come across any while doing additional brainstorming and research.
Think like the buyer...

Where will I find a home? ... Calling agents I know, looking online, or perhaps browsing a magazine...

Remember, Trulia goes to CNNMoney.com, as well as washingtonpost.com

Talk to the neighbors... maybe they know someone they want to be a neighbor...

Make sure you use a professional photographer. Use an attorney instead of a title company.

GOOGLE it :)

http://www.google.com/search?q=million+dollar+homes&sour…

What comes up? luxuryrealestate.com, ... be more specific to your area in the search, see what comes up.

Also, if the home is unique, you can put an ad in a local or national luxury magazine.

Remember, “hang around those you want to be like”… OR, find where those that buy homes like the one you are selling hang around, and mingle; don’t necessarily advertise that you sell homes, but that you help buyers find the right one for them.

These are just a few ideas off the top of my brain, think deep, good luck.

I can help with any of your Las Vegas Real Estate needs or questions; feel free to contact me direct.

--

Mark D Fleysher, MBA, Broker, REALTOR
The Jack Conley Realty Group
C. 702-291-8186 F. 702-946-0843
Hi Mitalia,
I see you're an agent. It's imperative that you market the home where people can afford it. Most agents only put homes in the local MLS. You must put it in MLS's from LA to SD to Palm Springs etc. Also, market the property like crazy on the internet. We have a special program that automatically sends our properties to hundreds of websites including youtube, twitter, craigslist, trulia, Realtor.com etc. If you've ever thought of switching offices, please call me at 909-917-6176. My office is in a high end mall in Rancho Cucamong called Victoria Gardens. We not only have an office but a booth right outside the Yardhouse. We have agents join our office from much further than Riverside. Regardless, good luck and congrats on your listing. Now make your client proud and sell it! :) God Bless, Roland.
Hi, I'm a Fine Homes Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga and also a former residential appraiser. I have the expertise to determine what can and cannot add value to your home currently in this market. Most agents do not have this expertise. I'm ranked in the top 1% Nationwide, and also REO and Short Sale Certified. I've been Prudential Top Agent for Inland Empire for the past 4 years. I've been in the business over 20 years, and most of my business has been high end luxury homes. Please call me at 909-200-5430 or email me at pamreo@gmail.com and I'll be happy to do a complimentary market analysis for you...the RIGHT way. My listings do not stay on the market very long...superior marketing as well. http://www.PamsProperties.com Look forward to hearing from you! Pam