Mickey Duyck, Home Seller in Mocksville, NC

Any advice on selling a house that shares a runway with others (airpark)? Kind of a niche market for sure.

Asked by Mickey Duyck, Mocksville, NC Sat Mar 2, 2013

Very nice area. 5ac lot. Located on dead end road, very private. 2300` house with 2300` heated shop/ hangar. Large in-ground pool.

Answers

3
Thanks Kathy and Guy,

I have advertised in all of the aviation publications, both in print and online. 27 months and nothing yet. Its odd that I have got more response from drive-by traffic. Tax value just dropped $70k too, that doesnt help things. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mickey
I have a colleague with such a house on the market right now and she advertised it in Trader Plane - you probably know about this paper for pilots. One buyer recently flew in and used the runway to look at the house. It hasn't sold yet but I would advertise anywhere that pilots and potential plane owners would read about their business/hobby.
Promote to your market. Aircraft Owners and Pilot's Association members would be a start. Checkout Flying magazine and other pilot periodicals for additional market sources. Ebay, Craigslist, Yahoo, Postlets, etc. are some other more general sources.