Jan, Home Seller in San Diego, CA

Am part owner of a property that has been in escrow since Jan. 2010. Meanwhile it is still listed as a active property. My sisters signed sales

Asked by Jan, San Diego, CA Mon Dec 13, 2010

papers and so did buyer. Court approved sale on April 5, 2010 and I was going to be forced to sign papers. However, buyer backed out of deal saying information on property(mls listing) was incorrect and he would buy now if we lower price 200,000. Additionally he was going to sued us for wrong information on listing. He has refused to pick up his $51,000.00 deposit and has requested $4,500.00 to sign OFF on escrow for his time investigating property. I have never signed sales papers because he backed out of offer before I had a chance to sign. Is the escrow even opened legally without my signature? IThe fact the escrow was open was discover by me 7 months later. I had been told it was closed. Can this guy sued us or should he be sueing realtor for putting wrong info. on what could be built on a R1B zoning. This property is held as own by a trust and we are all co-trustees. He has stated we cannot sell property with his open escrow. Again I have not signed anything. HELP

Answers

8
I am sorry that this happened to you. I do hope that it has been resolved.

Coronado Living Luxury Homes
1033 B Ave Suite 100
Coronado, CA 92118

Homes4SaleinCoronado.com

Cell (619)-865-1477
amyheathermorton@gmail.com

CAL-BRE #01950710
Broker CAL-BRE #01295699
Each office is independently owned and operated.
I know a good Real Estate attorney - email me or call me and I'll refer you.
He does not charge for a 1st time phone consultation.

-Joe Rennick
619.302.9139
Joe@WhisselRealty.com
DRE Lic #01871454
You need to contact a Trust attorney right away. You do not have a valid escrow, because of no cooperation between parties. The attorney will decide who gets what and how much. Dana Rosas danarosas10@gmail.com
I agree you need professional help. I would suggest that prior to consulting an attorney that you contact San Diego Association of Realtors 1-858-715-8000. Then through their legal they would be best to determine the type of help needed. This is the most unusal market that I have been a part of and every transation seems to have something new to learn. I live in Coronado and if you would like additional information, please contact me. ccrane@prusd.com

Carolyn
Absolutely, you should consult with an attorney. I have great attorney's I can refer you...

Call me at 858.442.3449

Call me at 858.442.3449
Sounds like you need professional help. Do you have a Realtor or lawyer involved? Seems like escrow shouldn't have been opened if all parties didn't sign contract. Not sure about California, but In Colorado, in order for escrow to be opened all parties need to sign closing instructions, specifying who is to hold the earnest money (i.e. title company, law firm or real estate broker).Here in Colorado the info in MLS isn't binding. Did you ever provide a seller's property disclosure? This is where a seller can get into trouble if they didn't disclose something properly. Good luck.
Since you are asking for legal advice--for accurate information/advice, it's in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate.