Gabe, Home Seller in 20754

Am interested in selling a home. How to determine asking price...?

Asked by Gabe, 20754 Sat Apr 30, 2011

waterfront, community boat launch, contemporary, 3 br, 2 bath, about 3 acres

Answers

11
Gabe,

I have read many of your answers and they are all good advice. I happen to be a Realtor with REMAX 100 right in Dunkirk and would be happy to stop by and view your home. You could get an appraisal, but it will cost you and that does not mean the buyers market will support it.
Most of the time as a realtor we do what is known as a Market Analysis or Markwt Value Report to determine your homes selling peice in the current market.
If you would like to email me your address I would be more than happy to take a drive by the prooerty tomorrow and work up a preliminary price for you.
My email is smcorley@msn.com or feel free to call me @ 410-231-0251 and we can discuss your property.
The best way to determine the asking price of your home is to do what the banks do when they have a house for sale. Order a professionial appraisial from a professionial appraiser. They charge about three hundred dollars for this. That is all they make. If you like their appraisial the best is no concern to a professionial appraiser. They are not trying to list your house. Don't waste your money if you are not going to believe it. Your house will have to be appraised before it goes to closing. Do it first. You can advertise the fact that it was appraised by a professionial appraiser. Good luck
There are several ways that you can get a sense of what your asking price should be.

Here is what I would suggest, in order of how well I think they will meet your needs.

Talk to at least two respected realtors who do business in your area and ask them to do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for you. Make sure that they give you a written report with backup details for their recommendation. Do not, REPEAT DO NOT, give any credence to a realtor who just gives you a verbal opinion. They are probably just winging it. An exception to that could be if you have a cookie cutter house in a cookie cutter development where most of the houses are very similar.

Another way would be to get an appraisal done by a licensed appraiser, FOR THE PURPOSE OF DETERMINING THE MARKET VALUE. I put that in caps because appraisals done for other purposes (like getting a Home Equity Line of Credit) are generally a lot more generous. They could easily give you an inflated opinion of what your house is worth.

Another way to get a general sense only, would be to check Zillow. (I can hear the realtors scream now). However, while I give these limited credibility, they are not horrible and they will give you a sense of recent trends in your area.

Far and away, your best choice is to get two reputable realtors to give you the CMA.

And after you get the opinion, resist the temptation to list your house for a significantly higher price, just to "Test The Market". By doing that, you accomplish only one very bad thing. You make sure that buyers who are willing to pay a price you would accept, will not see your listing, because it is priced above their range.

Web Reference: http://www.johnherreid.com
Hi Gabe,

Dunkirk is becoming a popular destination for Fort Meade commuters who want a little space and land. Visit us on-line for information about our team and marketing plan. We are number one in Google for Fort Meade real estate for a reason.
Your listing agent can determine this after review property comp's of homes sold in your area.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Gabe,

As already stated in prior posts, there are many factors to consider when determining the fair market value of your home: market stats, buyer perception, time of year, your timeframe to move, location and your needs.

Dunkirk is a desirable area due to its ease of commute to Washington, DC, Andrews Air Force Base and surrounding areas, but still nestled in a rural-like setting among beautiful farm land and generous lot sizes. With the new additions of shopping and grocery stores, it has become its own little hometown attracting even more interest from homebuyers making a move to a rural-suburban location like your area.

If you are serious about selling your home, my suggestion is to sit down with real estate agent and talk about the market, your goals and expectations. Working with a qualified real estate agent can give you the edge to a successful sale while eliminating guesswork and home seller stress.

If you’d like, we can set up a date/time to meet, review your objectives, market, and talk about any challenges and answer questions. Give me a call or send me an email and I will be in touch.

Kimberly Barton, REALTOR®
Champion Realty, Inc.
410.224.0645
Hello This is Marvin Garcia, I can help you on the to sale your home ( and get you the top price of the market for your house) please contact me to make an appointment or lets work by , fax, e-mail way, from now thanks and have a good one.
Use a REPUTABLE Agent to help you determine the asking price. There is much more involved than just determining 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, etc. You can start by visiting my website and ask for a FREE Home Evaluation. From here I can send you a CYBER-CMA by email. This would be a good start.
Hi Gabe, Basically the three factors to consider are condition, location, and sold comps for your area. There is no way to give an exact bumber but use the sold comps for your area wisely. These are the same comps buyers and the bank appraiser are going to use to determine an offer and appraised value. It's better to price the home on the lower end of the range of value because you don't want to scare buyers away before they even see the home. Try to make your home the best value in the neighborhood. You do this by analyzing your competition and making any improvements to your home, along with aggressive pricing.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Gabe,
give me a call. I can recommend an excellent agent in that area who can assist you.
Gabe,

There are variables missing to accurately determine an asking price. The proper analysis takes some time, generally about 30 minutes or more. The true comparison with other properties in your area takes time. I would interview two or more Realtors and then put one to work for you, that is what we do for our clients. You want someone that you get along with but will tell you the facts, whether they are favorable or not.