lbhuber, Home Seller in Winter Park, FL

Am I correct in thinking that I can hire a real estate attorney and let him handle all the details on selling my home once I have an interested buyer?

Asked by lbhuber, Winter Park, FL Thu Mar 20, 2014

I may have a buyer and know very little about the "selling process" and would like to just pay someone to work out all the details like title, inspections, etc. Also any idea about how much this might cost?
Thanks.

Answers

38
-
As a Florida Mortgage Broker, this is actually comical as well as painful to watch!

So you have a potential Buyer right? Here's what I would do if I were not very experienced at this process. This is NOT rocket science!

1. Contact an attorney title company, if they're getting the business handling the closing, it's likely they'll be more than happy to write the sales contract for you.

2. Request a Pre-Approval Letter to ensure your potential buyer is Pre-Approved thru a lender or Mortgage Broker

3. Set a closing date, deadlines for inspections and Loan Commitment

4. Close

Contact me and I'll help you!

What do I want in return?

If you benefit from the knowledge I share with you, saving thousands, all I ask is that you make a POST closing contribution to the Wounded Warrior Project. http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
-
Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
NMLS 204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
I'm not after financial gain in these situations as I have no dog in this hunt, but if me sharing my insider knowledge as an experienced Investor/ Mortgage Broker and I can generate contributions to the Wounded Warrior Project, I'll do my best to help our American Heroes!

SEMPER FI!!
Flag Fri Mar 21, 2014
Steve;
If the buyer really turns out to be serious I may take you up on your offer to help me out. Thanks.....you seem to understand the situation better than the others.
Flag Thu Mar 20, 2014
Absolutely you can. The cost should be the exact same! In fact, it may even be cheaper as you are combining services. I am a realtor, attorney and title company and I do this all the time for my clients and I normally charge the same or less than any realtor. As Steve says, no good attorney would ever charge for paperwork if they are getting the real estate commissions.Go with someone who knows all sides to the issue.

David Dowell
Realtor & Attorney at Law
OneRes International Realty
david@dowellrealty.com
407-864-2551
Not necessarily. A real estate atty would help with implementing and executing the contract, but it is not up to him/her to negotiate it. Often with selling there are some specific points which need to be negotiated, including the price. That is not the job of the attorney. Does your potential buyer meet your asking price? Would that asking price allow room for a reduced commission? If so, you could hire an agent to handle all of the important details, and save the advertising and marketing portion of his/her commission.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
Why would I spend 300 when it won't be accepted by any lender...waste of money. I guess Realtor can start to answer Mortgage questions too..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
-
-
A realtor's analysis won't hold near as much negotiating power as a full appraisal done by a Certified Appraiser for many reasons

Spend the 300.00 and have an appraisal done.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
As far as paying an appraiser, a Realtor, can do a comparable analysis based on last 3 sold, within 6 months, and 3 active listed, within same age, Sq ft. Etc..
You don't need to spend money, any Realtor can give you this service complimentary.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
lots of good points of view here. No one here will tell you not to use an attorney. Once you have gathered all the info you need then the decision is down to you and your buyer. may be a good idea for the buyer to have an attorney too
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
If you are selling property in Florida that is your second home, or perhaps is something you inherited, you might not be aware of how things are handled in Florida, especially if you are from New York. In most states, the realtor prepares the contract of sale when the offer is made. Many transactions in Florida are completed without an attorney getting involved at all, although then your interests are not protected.

We sold my mother-in-law's apartment in Florida, and although the contract was prepared by a realtor, because she had passed away, there was a need for an attorney to handle things having to do with the transaction.

In NY, attorneys prepare the contracts, and negotiate everything once the initial price is agreed upon.

In NJ, the realtors prepare the contract, but both the buyer and seller have 10 days to have an attorney review it, and they handle everything from there, including adding addendums to the existing contract.

As you see, things are different all over, so perhaps if you give more information, you can get an answer that makes more sense to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
If you don't have an expert realtor selling the house that's equally to lose a lot of money in the sale .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
Hi There:

You could hire an attorney to handle the paperwork section of your deal but attorneys usually do not get involved with inspections, surveys,...

As realtors we prepare the contracts, make sure buyers are qualified, order inspections, surveys and appraisal as applicable. All the title work will be handled through an escrow company.

The cost for attorney can vary depending how you set your deal up.

Generally speaking the costs associated with selling a home are listed below (figures are estimated and may vary from home to home). If you have a realtor you will add the commissions on top of the below and if you have an attorney then the cost of attorney will be added on top of this.

I am using $250K as an example:

Sales Price $250,000.00
Title Insurance $1,324.00
Settlement Fee $500.00
Title Search $85.00
Title Insurance Charges $1,660.00
Stamps on Deed $1,750.00
Prorated Taxes & HOAs If any
HOA Estoppel Fee $150 If you live in an HOA Community

Hope this helps. Please feel free to click on my picture to review my background and recommendation and please let me know if I can help you in selling your property.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Search Entire MLS At: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com/search
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
You have a property in Winter Park, which is a beautiful area, you would benefit from a Realtor in your area to assist you from beginning to end to sell your home, most transactions use Title companies, rarely do we have an attorney. Even FSBO, may work with an agent. You can ask via phone or email any questions you may have, and we are having some great Values at New Smyrna Beach if your interested on finding a beach property to invest.
Regards
Lori Schmerler
Beachside Realty
386-334-2787
Starfishteam@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
The attorney will handle the legal issues of the contract and may do the title work. The job of the Realtor is to market your home, negotiate the price and the TERMS of the sale, insure that the inspections are preformed in a timely manner, help resolve any issues that arise during the transaction phase of the sale. Finally the Realtor coordinates the closing date and time, does a final walk through and makes sure everyone gets to the closing table with all the correct information and that funds are in place to complete the transaction.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014

Unless there are estate/probate issues concerning your property it is not necessary to use an attorney. An experienced REALTOR can provide you with a market analysis to determine what it should be priced at, all contracts and addenda, marketing, coordination of title and more. It is a detailed process which is best explained in person as there is a lot of information and explanation you deserve to know. As well it is important to choose someone who is highly knowledgable about and who specializes in selling in your market area, which I do. Conversation and advice is free and I am at your service to discuss your needs in further detail. I can be reached anytime at 407-509-3112. Many thanks.

Rachael Lody, REALTOR
Loveland Properties
6000 Turkey Lake Rd. #207
Orlando, FL 32819
Office: 407-352-8118 x.230
Fax: 407-352-8119

Listen to: The Loveland Report every Saturday at noon on FM 96.5 WDBO
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
-
-
Not one title attorney I know would charge to write a sales contact IF they're the one handling the title and closing.

What would you rather do on a 300k sale, pay 3% = $9,000 in forfeited tax free home equity....OR... simply let an attorney handle the closing and title, who would write the contract at no extra charge?

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
NMLS 204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
My colleagues are right. To add to these, the realtor gets paid at closing on a succesful transaction vs the attorney usually gets paid by the hour whether or not the transaction closes. Also there is no better contract and addendum for a real estate transaction than the one used by a Realtor member. The attorneys hired by the board have done their job well. I will be happy to discuss your options. Call me for more info at 407-731-4009
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
Yes, you can hire an attorney to handle the paperwork once you have an interested buyer.

Don't let those who are quoting attorney's fees at $200-$400/hour, when in reality, if you hire a Realtor... you'll be paying them well over $200-$400/hour to handle much the same work, and you still might require an attorney (depending on how it works in Florida) for some of the paperwork.

While Realtors and agents do assist with many of the procedures (inspection, walk-through, market value, meeting the appraiser, etc...) these are also things that you can handle.

The bulk of the value of a Realtor is marketing your property and finding that buyer... if you've already found the buyer, yes, you can save a bunch of money if you feel comfortable handling those aspects, or allowing an attorney to handle them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
An attorney can do the paperwork for you but at a much higher cost! Also attorneys don't have the resources to get your house sold for you. Contact a local agent and compare.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
Hi I wont give you a long drawn out explanation. But what you need is a realtor. I am with Keller Williams and if you would like detailed information please email me at jcruz01990@gmail.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
A Real Estate Agent or Broker can help you with the showings and marketing part of selling your home. An appraiser does the appraisal for the bank or buyer during the sell procedure. A home inspector goes in and makes sure everything is in working order for the buyer. The real estate attorney helps with the closing of your property. You usually pay your agent/broker a commission of the sell of the property and they might charge you a fee for listing it. It really depends on the agent/broker that you decide to go with. I am the REO Listing Coordinator for our real estate office here in Orlando, FL. If you have any other questions or would like a price, you are more than welcome to contact our broker, Jarrett West at 1 Able Realty, LLC (407) 227-4800 email Jarrett@1ablerealty.com

Good Luck!!!

Rachael
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
-
-
Oh my gosh, if consumers only knew how easy it is they'd never again listen to those who try to keep them in the dark and thinking that making mud pies is somehow a difficult process!

As an Experienced Mortgage Broker who knows the facts, its actually amazing to hear some, for personal financial gain, try to scare consumers into forfeiting thousands of dollars of their Tax Free Home Equity!

Contact any Experienced Mortgage Broker and they'll tell you what to do. In fact, if consumers want some of the very best advice about anything concerning real estate, contact an Experienced Mortgage Broker as we know more than most!

-
Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
NMLS 204296
--
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
WRONG, you are incorrect, A lawyer writes paper work and reviews paperwork but does not show the house, does not handle sale price or term negotiations, is not there for inspections, is not there for the appraisal, does not handle negotiations for anything found on that inspection, does not keep track of the buyers mortgage process and is not there for the walk through if you make it that far. Those are all things a listing agent will do and far less than lawyer fees.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
Scott, read my response fully before commenting please.
Flag Thu Mar 20, 2014

Yes you can hire a real estate lawyer to do the selling process. Lawyers usually just handle the contracts - they do not coordinate inspections, survey's etc. You probably end up paying about the same if you'd simply hire a Realtor and let him/her handle it all.

Either way - I have a great real estate lawyer who would be able to help you, or I am a Realtor and can take care of the whole process.

Margus Mahar, Realtor®
Specializing in Luxury and Investment Properties
- Certified 203K Renovation Specialist
- Advanced Construction Expert (ACE)
- Dream Team Professional TM
http://www.FLhomedeal.com
J.C. Penny Realty, LLC.
8701 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Suite 200
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Phone: 321-388-6856
Email: margus@jcpennyrealty.com
Skype: margus.mahar
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
Really depends on what you mean by selling process. You can not act as a real estate broker or sales associate without the appropriate license. So, no an attorney can not handle the entire sales process (unless of course they also happen to have a real estate license).
Flag Thu Mar 20, 2014
I do not sure what attorneys cost. Seem using A Realtor that does this everyday might be just as well. We would be happy to help you through the process for 1%. It is important that you use all the a Florida approved documents for real estate sales including the mold, Defective dry wall, pre 1978 lead based paint addendum and others that may pertain. Also, the seller’s disclosure is what really protects you from future recourse so don't go without that. Is the contract going to be traditional or AS IS? The AS IS contract gives the buyer an easy way out so you might want to use the traditional one, but be sure to limit the repairs you will pay for. I have an excellent title companies that only charge 300 to close the transaction.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU MAY BE LOSING MONEY BY NOT OFFER THE HOME TO THE OPEN MARKET. The National Assoc. of Realtors statistics indicates that an experienced REALTOR can get your 13% more which would pay for our services and put more in your pocket. Competition makes the max value crème to the top. We could do that for you as well and exclude this buyer from the listing agreement. If you don't get something higher that pays you more and pays for us then you can close with the same buyer you have. We call it our "Blended" Listing.

April is the most recorded sales for the year. We won't need long to find you a buyer at the maximum price putting the most money in your pocket.

Give us a call. Jenn and Kris Lapoint, Realty Executives, 407 619 4602
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
'once I have an interested buyer? ....and would like to just pay someone to work out all the details like title, inspections, etc."

You almost had it ...until you added the nuts and bolts to the process. The attorney will be like the guy who mows your lawn, they are not going to leave their seat.

It is clear you are willing to assume some DIY responsibility. That is understandable.
Pick up the phone and call a REMAX broker who will refer to a REALTOR who has the agility to accommodate your intention.

You wil discover, your help will add an unnecessary layer of communication and complexity that usually creates disappointment....and will cost you more than the few dollars you think you will save.

Every truly messed up home sale I've paticipated in had an attorney stirring the pot. Just a heads up.

There are agents who specialize in flat fees, discounting, rebating, DIY, but you will discover, there is a cost, a real cost far above the 'flat fee' you will pay. They are counting on the fact you will never become aware of the hidden cost and, unknowingly believe you got a great deal.

Recent met a 'good deal' seller who did not know they were effectively paying 11% in professional fees. Another, over 30%, because they simply could not see what they did not get.

All of this, right here in Florida.

Best of sucess in selling your home.
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, Fl
727.420. 4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
No. Probably not.

Technically, sure, it's possible. But a lot of lawyers won't have experience with different aspects of the "selling process." That's because most sellers don't want to pay a lawyer $200-$400 an hour to handle paperwork and do a bunch of grunt work. There are also various notifications, etc., that must be done. And do you want to pay your lawyer $200-$400 an hour to call loan officers, the buyer's agent, etc., on routine matters.

That's not a criticism of lawyers. If it's a simple transaction--such as between family members--that's fine. But when the home inspection comes back and the buyer wants a new water heater because the home inspector's told him that the old one "is on its last legs" but still working, do you really want to pay a lawyer $200-$400 an hour to negotiate about the water heater?

And one other point: If the buyer has a buyer's agent, the buyer's agent will want to get paid. It's likely that there's an agreement between the buyer and his agent saying that if you're not willing to pay a commission (assuming you're doing this FSBO), that the buyer will pay. That's fine. The buyer will ask you to pay. If you say "no"--which is your right--the deal may fall through. Or the buyer may ask for a price reduction to offset the commission he now has to pay.

Just a few thoughts for your consideration.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
If you and Attorney are handling this together it is you who will do the bulk of the work. You need to be around or provide access for the showings, buyers inspection, appraisal, municipal search if required, etc. Your Attorney prepares a Contract. Buyers Attorney orders Title. Regarding feed they are pretty much $800-1500 in my area. Best of luck, Allan
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 20, 2014

If your buyer does turn out to be serious you can save some money on real estate commissions by working with a Realtor that is willing to negotiate his or her commission. Normal commission is 6% of the purchase price of the home, but I would not charge that amount to any of my sellers that already have found a solid buyer ready to buy their home. I have worked out reduced commission payments before for my sellers in your situation. If you have already found the buyer then you should not be paying full price to a Realtor. That being said, you should still hire one.

Here's why: real estate attorneys will not be able to handle all the details of your home sale, including inspections and sales price negotiations. That is the work of a Realtor. In Florida real estate attorneys are not typically hired to help with home sales. The Realtor will set you up with a title company to do the title work. The Realtor writes up the contract, negotiates, works out inspections, follows up with the title company, follows up on the buyer's obligations (loan, contingencies, etc), and closes the sale.

The Realtor will also do a market analysis to check the right home price for your sale, so you will know that you are getting a fair deal. You may want to meet with a Realtor to do a market analysis on your home. This consultation should be 100% free of charge.

Let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to do a free market analysis of your home, whether you choose to use me for the sale or not.

Ray Lopez
Keller Williams Advantage 2
12301 Lake Underhill Rd Suite 111
Orlando Fl 32828
Cell 407-697-8298
Sure you can, be sure to find out how many deals the attorney has CLOSED, doing paperwork and closing deals are two completely different items, you wouldn't want the attorney to run off your buyer.
Proceed with caution! If you haven't consulted with a Realtor or paid for an appraisal how do you even know what your home is worth? I had a seller recently that had a buyer that made him an offer on his home and he almost took it and planned to hire an attorney to handle the details. Prior to proceeding he consulted with me and had he taken the offer he would have given away over $25,000!
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/12/08/wounded-warriors-pro…

for anyone considering to donate you may want to review this and other articles..to make your decision to donate for our troops when they really need our help, here is an alternative Foundation that isn't as advertised as much but is the REAL DEAL

http://www.specialops.org/?OtherWaystoGive

About the Special Operations Warrior Foundation
SOWF is the recipient of its 8th consecutive 4-star rating, placing the SOWF among the top 1% of charities rated by Charity Navigator

from a Blue Star Mom

"Some Heroes Wear Capes Mine Wear Combat Boots"
REALTORS??????????????

OH Yeah, as a Mortgage Broker, I have a lot to say about REALTORS!!!!!!

You want to know what I really think about Realtors????

What I advise is to remember they're self employed professionals, who are NOT paid by the hour, who have families to feed and should NOT be used as free tour guides!

Buyers should show the basic common courtesy of at very least, in this horrendous 2014 mortgage market, of getting pre qualified thru one of their preferred lenders or banks to show Good Faith and to let them know that you are a courteous, cooperative and serious buyer...who can actually buy a home!

Personally, I've not been the biggest fan of Realtors, but the last 7 years has weeded out most of the bad ones, the same as it has weeded out the bad Mortgage Brokers and most of the ones still standing are the best of the best! I like to spar with them and give them a hard time, but I actually appreciate all they have to put up with dealing with the public,

So when you find one that will actually returns calls and emails in a timely manor and you feel has your best interest at heart, treat them as you would like to be treated if you were investing time with you to help you locate, negotiate and close on your best deal in this 2014 market!

BTW—Instead of begging for a vote below, if you agree, benefit or have benefited from any of my advice or comments on this site, I ask that you instead please make a donation to the Wounded Warrior Project: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ and send me a copy of the check.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
NMLS 204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
-
To Robin Silverberg's comments below, I withhold my comments to your post because...

..."I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless You and make your name Great; and you shall be a blessing; And I will bless them that bless you And curse him that curses you! And in You shall all the families of the earth be blessed!"

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
NMLS 204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
First, I will confess that I did not read the original poster's question thoroughly enough, or lost site of the full question after reading the posts, and maybe that is where we have gotten into the ensuing arguments. After the initial question, the person stated "I may have a buyer". That changes things completely.
In that case, you would definitely be better off with a real estate attorney, as they will prepare a contract based on the agreed upon price. As long as you are happy with the price, then you are fine. If the buyer is taking out a mortgage, then the appraisal will be done by the lender, and hopefully it is at the value needed to take out the loan.
That being said, I am appalled by the attitude of who I don't even want to refer to as "my fellow loan officer", Steve. To come across in that manner towards other professionals who we must work very closely with is an embarrassment to our profession. I work very closely with various realtors, and always support them when speaking to the buyers I deal with. If Steve has ever looked at a HUD1 from a closing, and has any knowledge at all of how the pie gets divided up, he would never make the comment about all the money that is being wasted. Yes, if someone has a buyer, it would be a waste of money to then go out and hire a realtor, which is why many realtor agreements have exclusions of potential buyers who may have viewed the home in the past. We must all work together in a harmonious manner. Steve, what you have managed to do is more likely not get yourself more business, but alienate many of those people that you should be relying on for referrals. If you haven't noticed, the refi market is really drying up, so why you would do this, I have absolutely no idea.
-
To Lori Schmerler below with all due respect....

Google Search results for: Realtor Rebates New Smyrna Beach
https://www.google.com/#q=realtor+rebates+New+Smyrna+Beach

Ma'am, I know this blows realtor's minds, but unlike 99.99% of ALL Mortgage Brokers and Loan Officers in America, I'm a Mortgage Broker who does not rely on realtor referrals. Yes, let me say it again so that there's absolutely no misunderstanding...I DO NOT RELY ON REALTOR REFERRALS!

Therefore, unlike the 99.99% of other Mortgage Brokers and Loan Officers who are completely TERRIFIED to share with consumers the facts, I've broken the chains and I'm able to educate as many consumers as I can about the savings available to them thru what's called REALTOR REBATES.

Yes, case by case, if I like a realtor, I'll work with them and ALL my realtor partners will tell you, I'll go the distance to ensure their deals close. But again, I'm likely the only Mortgage Broker in America who will tell the truth about Realtor Commission and how easy it is for consumers to save thousands thru REALTOR REBATES!

I know that realtors have never encountered anything like me before, but if you were a Mortgage Broker in 2014 with an overwhelming amount of potential buyers contacting you hourly from your magazine ads, online presents, referrals from prior clients, referrals from your realtor partners and bank loan officers, wouldn't you you want to educate consumers to such a massive savings available to them thru Realtor Rebates?

Comments about this subject as well as comments about Mortgage Brokers, that are beneficial to consumers, are welcomed.

NOTE—Instead of begging for a vote below, if you agree, benefit or have benefited from any of my advice or comments on this site, I ask that you instead, please make a donation to the Wounded Warrior Project: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ and send me a copy of the check.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
NMLS 204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
Yes, Steve, News Flash Realtors offer rebates, and different fees with their work provided.
As far as past and present Service no one is remarking on that I have the utmost respect for Our Miltary and know firsthand the sacrifice the whole family makes, I don't share your representation for hocking a Foundation that's questionable, and most service persons I know don't broadcast their service for business. Good luck with that...
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
to lori schmerler:
With all due respect, do you offer REALTOR REBATE? The Dept,. of Justice seems to think you should: US Dept. of Justice Consumer Alert: Consumers Save Thousands of Dollars in Commissions in 40 states!
http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/florida.html

http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/commission-table.html

And unlike you may be use to, I will not cower just because you are the mother of a Active Duty AFSOC "Tip Of the Spear" which gives you absolute ZERO right to use that in this context as a realtor!!

I've served in the Marines, so have my brothers and father, two tour Viet Nam Grunt! Someone in my family has been in every war and conflict America has been since the 1700s, so do not try and pull the US Military thing on me!
I was old enough to remember seeing my mother and grandmother screaming and falling to their knees in 1969 when they brown and white Plymouth pulled up in front of my grandmother's house!!
So don't even go there!
Flag Sun Mar 23, 2014
To Steve, with all due respect: Whats comical is you thinking your disclosing all the Demonic Realtors fees , we offer fees dependent on the transactions so no big mystery, except the way you are spilling your ambulance chasing method of loans advice, and worst as a Mother of an Active Duty, AFSOC, Tip of the Spear" use this wave flagging as being the trusted good guy.. Give me a Break...
Flag Fri Mar 21, 2014
So let me understand this a Seller in Winter Park Florida, is depending on a South Florida Mortgage Broker giving FREE advice instead of the Seller using a local agent, attorney, title company..Hmmmm
This is to STEVE, Dont need a Realtor for anything comments not rocket science

I am rarely involved in a debate and it seems the Seller who has made up their mind based on your way to cheap out of the selling process is thinking its wise to listen to you..

A Mortgage Broker who is saying to our Realty profession, we are not necessary, seems ludicrous apparently you dont rely on Realtors to bring you any business?

I can now assume to forward all my clients to Banks, for now on and Never go through a Mortgage brokers,

Lets generalize too, Mortgage Brokers who typically try to keep the deal sometimes without the ability to get the funding and then at the last minute sticking the buyer with exorbitant fees when they are backed up against the wall and have to close,

So good luck to any seller taking your advice, and Good Luck to any Agent who is working with you
-
Why spend 300.00 as it won't be accepted by the lender? Of course it will not be accepted by the Lender, who's saying that? Why would a realtor would make such a statement?

I know why, but consumers don't as most are oblivious to how simple it is to sell a property and the massive amount of money in otherwise forfeited home equity most give away like its Monopoly Money!

Here's just a few reasons out of about 10 reasons I can think of as to why a seller should spend a few bucks to obtain their own appraisal in advance:

1. if the buyer tries to negotiate and offer too low of a price, you can then show them a current appraisal done by a Certified Appraiser, thus possibly saving thousands!

2. if the buyer/borrower's appraisal comes in lower, the appraisal you had done can be sent to their lender's AMC and Lender to contest the appraisal value, thus possibly saving thousands

3. so the seller gets a realistic value in advance, from a certified professional vs. someone leading them to believe that their property is worth 20% more for personal financial gain

...etc

Do this, call 10 realtors and talk with them. Then call me, so you can see who you feel gives you the best advice as to how to save money.

---
-
-

If buyer was able to get a 2% rate with No Points with only 5% down and No PMI thru seller financing, should they listen to a bank telling them they should use them and pay a 5% rate with 2 points and 20% down?

Again, this is not rocket science for consumers to sell their own home. Offer and acceptance had been around for thousands of years!. Just simply contact a title attorney's office and they will be more than happy to help you.

And as far as the value, here's is a novel idea that blows some people's minds, simply hire a real estate appraiser for measly $300.00 of well spent money in advance to get a true value, then jack up your price 10% over that. This way you can get top dollar and/or have room to negotiate.

Anyone, please read my posts below and tell this Florida Mortgage Broker your thoughts.

BTW--Instead of giving me a vote below like others beg for, if you benefit or have benefited from any of my advice or comments on this site, I ask that you please make a donation to the Wound Warrior Project: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
-
Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
NMLS 204296

Prior Service: U.S. MARINE CORPS
====
Steve:
Thanks....I like your no nonsense answers.
Flag Thu Mar 20, 2014