Richgc52, Home Seller in 99508

Alaska, friend quit claim house to me. he wants to set up a trust and have me administer the funds. Is there a tax liability ? not primary residence.

Asked by Richgc52, 99508 Sat Jun 25, 2011

I own the house. it is his $, i'M trying to help him out. He owes alot and has asked me to set up trust and write checks for him. How much tax am I liable for we want to take care of that ASAP

Answers

5
There is always a potential tax liability. Us Realtors are really not the ones to ask about this. I would recommend talking to an accountant ASAP!!!

Best of luck. I have a friend in a similar situation right now.
FYI: That question is two years old.
Flag Mon Mar 4, 2013
Did he quit claim it to you and he is still on the deed? Does he owe anything on it? What funds are you talking about? Tax liability to you or him? Is the house being used as an investment. Would need to know all of these questions before you consult an accountant or have an attorney set up a trust.

Peggy
You should contact a CPA and a good real estate attorney before you move forward.
You should contact either or both a real estate atty or a tax attorney for the answer to these questions.
Contact and attorney before you agree to do anything. You will be glad you did. Best of luck!