Home Selling in Albuquerque>Question Details

Chasity Varg…, Renter in Albuquerque, NM

After cloing on a house how many day do you have to get out

Asked by Chasity Vargas, Albuquerque, NM Thu Nov 8, 2012

I close on my house on the 29th they're telling me I got to be out by the 30th is that true

Answers

6
Everyone chimed in pretty much the same as far as reviewing your contract. Do you need a place to land by the end of the month? Tell me more about what you're looking for. I may have a short term solution for you. It sounds like you are a bit surprised by the 'sudden' move out date and may be scrambling. I'm happy to help.
As the saying goes, "the devil is in the details". Have your Realtor go through your purchase agreement with you. That document will dictate as to when the buyer will take possession. Moving out details like yours may be an oversight by both parties and very well should have been put into writing on an addenda or an amendment to the purchase agreement. Here is where your Realtor makes his money. Have them earn it.

Best
Paragraph 6 on page 2 of the purchase agreement usually controls this situation by expressing the agreement of the parties. What does yours say?
Hello Chasity,

Unless the purchase agreement states a revised possession date, it likely has the seller giving possession on the day of funding. In this case, it sounds like your day of funding was set the day after closing (which is common).

If you need more time, you'll want to have your realtor act quickly to either draft an extension or negotiate an occupancy agreement.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
Thank you for your help maybe you can help me a little more :) I'm looking for a 2 to 3 bedroom 1 to 2 bath with pets and under 850 if possible I 'm hoping more around 750 :)
Flag Thu Nov 8, 2012
It could be.

Check your sales agreement. That'll give you the answer.

However, in general if you're selling, you really are supposed to be out of there by closing. After all, you no longer own the property. (There's a bit of wiggle room, since legally ownership doesn't transfer until the deed is officially transferred, which may occur the same day of closing or perhaps the next day.)

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Check your contract and call your realtor! Your contract should always have all the details of everything you agree to in writing and any changes are done on addendums if last minute changes need to be made, all parties have to agree and sign the addendum to change.