Uk Jenn, Home Seller in 34207

Advise please on how to market my house. I live in the UK but own a home in Bradenton since 2005.

Asked by Uk Jenn, 34207 Sat Apr 25, 2009

I would like to sell my home for at least the price I paid for it in 2005. I have fixed it up with lots of new things, so I don't think I am asking for too much. Can anybody tell me if I am being unrealistic please. Regards Jennifer UK

Answers

6
Hi Jenn,

How have you progressed in selling your home? If you have not yet been successful, we were in a similar situation as we had 2 homes and only needed to live in one! Fortunately, one was on Anna Maria Island and had a pool - made it perfect for a vacation rental. What really surprised us is that with a little hands on management we have really prospered and decide to pursue this business full time. We have since turned several other homes in Bradenton into successful vacation rentals. (Just to let you know I am a licensed realtor here in Bradenton.)

This may be an idea for you as well. If interested email me with your address and I will let you know if we think your home might do well in the vacation market.

Nance & Jack Townsend
Web Reference: http://www.vrbo.com/84777
Jennifer, It seems that you have lots of good advice. The most important one, in my opinion, was the realtor who said to contact a realtor. Interview several and ask what their marketing plans are, where they market and how they market. Without knowing the address of your home and what you paid in 2005, it's hard to say whether you'll get what you paid back then. What I've found is that home improvements help to sell a home in any market. Unfortunately, price has been what I've seen that has had the most effect for sales. Good luck and if you would like to contact me: anndebellevue@michaelsaunders.com is my e-mail and probably your easiest way if you're overseas.
Hello: Since I am handling property owned by clients in the UK, and have just put together a contract on another property owned by sellers from the UK, I can appreciate your concerns. The reality of what a price is, is determined by many factors: Area, comperable properties, condition of house, upgrades, condition of surrounding homes, and more.

To be on target, a thorough research of all of the guidelines used in pricing a home should be done by a professional, a Realtor. At Michael Saunders & Company, we have world wide marketing available to our clients and offer connections to Mayfair International (UK ) and Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, just for starters.

We also have an exceptionally high rate of sales by our own agents - over 65%. To start your journey towards your real estate goals, save yourself a lot of anxiety and make that contact with a professional Realtor and allow the work to be done for you -- especially being out of the country. As a professional Realtor, I will make sure that you are in compliance with US governmental requirements for foreign sellers.

I can provide you with a step-by-step marketing plan and analysis -- all it takes is one email to me with your phone number and I personally call you to hear what your goals are and how we can accomplish them.

Hope this gives you a little more insight into the process. Kind regards, Linda Singer
Web Reference: http://LindaSingerHomes.com
Hi Uk Jenn,
It is true our property values have declined, but I would very much like to research your specific home and see if perhaps there is a way to accomplish your goal. Perhaps it needs to be marketed aggressively and as an agent with Sotheby's International Realty I'm in a position to do just that.
If you would like to email me directly with the address I will do an initial "drive-by" and market analysis to see where we currently stand.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Many SMILES!!

Beth Lancaster
beth.lancaster@sothebysrealty.com
Prices have fallen back to 2001 levels locally. Check out the most recient market statistics free at my site below. We will not see 2005 prices for quite some time.

http://leeforbes.com/TMO/March_09_Market_Overview.pdf

.
Web Reference: http://www.LeeForbes.com
Firstly I would suggest discussion with a realtor in order to find out the current market value for your property. The market has been in decline overall since the height in 2007. It does depend on the location of the home in comparison to others in its neighborhood which are on the market and to those that have sold recently. If you would like to discuss this further, please call at 941-744-6002 or email Mchelle.Dunbar@FloridaMoves.com.