Home Selling in Albany>Question Details

Susie Kisber, Both Buyer and Seller in Albany, CA

Advice appreciated to sell 2 bdrm 1 bath house in Albany, CA as quickly as possibly for as much as possible.

Asked by Susie Kisber, Albany, CA Sun Mar 8, 2009

I have a 1112 sq ft 2 bedroom 1 bath home in excellent condition in Albany below San Pablo near the freeway. I'm planning to put it on the market. I'd appreciate input on how many days i should expect to have it on the market before it sells & any strategies that I can employ to increase the value of it & decrease the # of days on the market. It has a tile kitchen & bath, new heating, a lovely garden w/4 fruit trees, 40 year old roses, a wheelchair lift, & a hot tub. It sits on a 3800 sq ft lot. There is also a freestanding large 1 car garage and a driveway for off street parking. It is walking distance to Solano Ave shops, the Pacific mall, & close to El Cerrito Plaza & BART. We are buying a new house so the house will be empty & staged. Is it wise to set a number of open house dates & a date to accept bids? Any suggestions of what price to list it at & what price to expect? I understand that it is hard to answer these questions w/out having seen the house. Any input is appreciated.

Answers

1
Hi Susie,

I just read your post and though it is old I figured it might still help. From what you have listed your home sounds like a nice home that should sell well. I would definitely set a date and time for open houses and an offer date. The market is doing well in Albany so unless you are priced way higher than the comparable sold homes in your neighborhood your home will sell fast. Below the freeway, homes are not reaching the same amount of money as the ones above San Pablo. Also the closer to the freeway the more you will have to discount for it. As far as price is concerned without seeing the house and its exact location it is hard to come up with a value. Price also depends on your termite report. If the report shows a lot of damage (dry rot or termites etc) you will have to discount for that too. I am just about to put a home on the market in Albany for $475,000. Fantastic location but smaller home than yours. Roughly I would say between $475,000 to $525,000 depending on all the above factors.

Best of luck. I am available if you have any further questions or would like a walk through analysis and market update.

Catherine Krueger
Marvin Gardens Real Estate
510-813-0970