The buyers who come out this time of the year are serious buyers. Expect fewer showings, but expect those who come out to be more than looky loos.
Biggest advantage.....serious buyers
Biggest disadvantage......not too many buyers
Reality check......price right and market aggressviely to reach those active buyers. Remember that no amount of marketing can sell an overpriced property.
I encourage you to consult with a local Realtor regarding this question. I am often concerned about RE professionals providing "professional" advice without knowing the entire scope of a poster's situation. This is a perfect example of such a case.
Consider what I don't know:
1. When you need to be in your new home.
2. Why you are moving--need to versus have to
3. How much equity you have in your current home. Do you need to sell this one to buy the next one?
4. You local real estate market
5. The condition and location of your property
A Realtor that knows the above is in a position to offer you competent advice. So, please consult with at least one, perhaps two, about your situation.
I will say that in most cases listing your property NOW is the best move because we now what the market is like right now. Predicting is difficult because it deals with the future...