Moryw, Home Buyer in 20850

Activity By Zip Code?

Asked by Moryw, 20850 Tue Feb 2, 2010

I was wondering if it's possible to get on Trulia which realtors (and firms) have sold the most real estate by zip code...? Thanks!

Answers

7
I don't think that you can do that on Trulia. Realtors can run a report in our MLS that would give you that information. It would probably be more useful to narrow it down to the neighborhood level or to properties in a certain school district to be able to find an agent who is familiar with the specific area you are looking in.

For example, I have sold more properties in Stonebridge (which straddles 20850 and 20878) than any other agent in the last five years, and overall I have had four listings and three buyers in zip code 20850 in the last year, most of those in the Wootton High School district. Other agents may specialize in other neighborhoods in 20850.

You can Google 'Rockville MD Real Estate' and see which agent sites come up to try to narrow down your search for an agent. (My site is on the first page.)
Hi Mory,

I came across your question and it sounds like you are looking for an agent. If so, I would not recommend choose your brokerage based primarily on how many homes an agency has sold per zip code. The most important considerations for a buyer when choosing an agent or brokerage are service, follow-through, communication, availability and the reputation of the brokerage. Only some agencies have a reputation for consistency, integrity and ability to guide buyers through a sometimes complex buying process.

Try not be fooled by the statistics hype. Ask the right questions, interview more than one and analyze the numbers. Llewellyn Realtors is # 4 in Montgomery County, but we only have one office and the highest transactions per agent. But, most importantly, we have a great reputation and we work well with a number of other agencies in the area and across the country.

If you're open, feel free to contact Janice Young (301) 424-0900, she can help match you the right agent. I wish you the best of luck in your home search. This is a wonderful and exciting process.

Juliet Okafor
Llewellyn, Realtors
Online Marketing Director
As far as firms, Long & Foster has sold more homes than anyone. In fact, last year Long & Foster as a company sold more homes in Montgomery County thank the next few firms on the list combined.

As for an agent, you need to sit down with 2-3 and listen to what they have to say. You have to choose an agent you will be comfortable with from a communication perspective and have confidence that their performance is there to match.

If you want a list what broker sold what, let me know your neighborhood and/or ZIP code, and I'll send over the information. My office is at Old Georgetown and Executive Blvd if you want to stop in and chat.
Web Reference: http://www.callpiero.com
You should be able to go onto google.com and put in "brokers with highest number of internet hits" because this is what you want. In today's market, it's all about how your agent can best market your home on the internet! Invite us in, we will bring results! :-)Christine
Web Reference: http://www.weichert.com
The number of homes a Realtor or firm sold in a particular zip code is one way buyers and sellers have come to evaluate a professional's ability in real estate. If you are able to get this information be sure you know what time period the data is capturing. If you are trying to find a successful agent to list your home, another measure I suggest you strongly consider is how the Realtor uses the Internet for marketing. This is key to reaching the greatest number of buyers in today's market. Without Internet saturation, the number of “solds” will be significantly impacted in today's climate.
I do not believe that information is a privilage through Trulia. A Broker or an Agent has access to that information.
Not all Firms and Real Estate Agents are the same, it would be to your benefit to research both the Agent and the Brokerage Firm they are affiliated with.
Feel free to browse through my webstie along with all the others.
Let me know if I can help you further.

Ania Miller, Keller Williams Select Realtors of Annapolis
AniaMiller@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.aniamiller.com
I don't think you can get that information on Trulia. I am very curious on why you want that information? I sell in several counties, not a specific area, so I may have sold more real estate that another agent that had more "local" transactions. I am interested in finding out how you will be using this information...and I will see if I can help you with that by using the local MLS service.

Tina Beasley
Associate Broker
Real Estate Professionals, Inc.
443-243-1832 Cell
410-918-9740 Office
Web Reference: http://www.tinabeasley.com