Mrsnlw, Home Buyer in Pleasant Grove, AL

A church purchased land directly behind my home in my subdivision. They are planning on building a new

Asked by Mrsnlw, Pleasant Grove, AL Fri Nov 7, 2008

church in about 2 years. Will this decrease my homes value ?

Answers

6
I highly doubt it. This is Utah County were talking about! I wouldn't worry about it....
Web Reference: http://blog.gundygroup.com/
Sounds like your home is located in Utah and that a church purchased property near there, and that you are concerned about value change. Considering circumstances and possible alternative use of this property, the value of your home and residential property could possibly increase from church use.

Harrison K. Long
Explore Group Properties, Coldwell Banker Previews, Irvine, CA
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 7, 2008
I would think these would be the best neighbors....rarely home, no loud parties, good people. You couldn't ask for more!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 7, 2008
If you are in Alabama - I don't know - talk to an Real Estate Expert out there.

If it is in Utah County - and it is an LDS Church building - it will have little or no effect, depending if it blocks any views. If not, my thoughts would be that it would slightly increase your property value, not decrease it.
Web Reference: http://www.UtahExperts.com
not in utah county. the majority of the population would consider a church close to their homes as a positive feature of the neighborhood. since it is behind your home i wouldn't expect too much increase in traffic either.
Mrs. NLW
I think there are many variables.

I would suggest talking with a local Realtor and asking them for their opinion. Depending upon what the church is doing, it may or may not change the value. The other side of the coin is, based on the zoning, what else could have been built there? In most cases a church will be one of the more positive improvements for the community and neighborhood.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA