salbarzini, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

ARE HOMEOWNERS INTELLIGENT WHEN SELECTING A REALTOR?

Asked by salbarzini, Queens, NY Wed Jul 11, 2012

Would they pick a Realtor who has 28 signs up on properties in the Community as their choice thinking they are the best, without realizing that these homes may be sitting on the market for 4-8 months already do to overpricing. You'd be surprised. Plus it takes away from the Community and then buyers think they can low ball. AGREE OR DO YOU HAVE AN INTELLIGENT RESPONSE.

Answers

9
Adam Krzesniak’s answer
If a relator has a team working for him and he has 28 listings thats amazing,
But if he has 28 listings working by himself - he isnt probably the right fit

I actually made a blog post on kind of related subject you can take a look!
http://www.trulia.com/blog/adam_krzesniak/2012/07/what_shoul…

Thank You
Homeowners should put effort into a hiring a great Realtor - I always say, "It costs the same to hire the best!"

You should be picky, expect great service, ask all of your questions and focus on agents that have homes SOLD, not just homes for sale.

As an experienced agent I try to educate potential buyers and sellers on this through my listing presentation, as well as through my website. However, signs do work and there are no shortage of people who don't take choosing an agent seriously.
I depends on the homeowner. Sellers are often swayed by those signs. It is up to the Realtor to educate them on what they have to offer & what services they provide over & above the competition.
I agree a realtor should price homes fairly, establish a local
reprasetion, provide a valuable service to the home owner and have
a well intended purpose in his/her local community. Has the old
saying go you get what you pay for.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Sellers should use care when selecting a Realtor. They should be looking for a Marketing person, not a sales person.

A good Marketer will look to market to all the other Selling Realtors and not be concerned with who ends up Selling the property.

We work for the Seller, not ourselves.
I don't agree about low balling but there are so many collectors out there and they do not service their client the way that a small hungry guy would. It's a numbers game and that's what they bet on. The sellers should always check references, click with the individual, know how their pictures look, know where and how they are marketing their home, and make sure they are up on all technologies including social media.
I think many people are swayed by statistics or perception. The agent who has the most signs may also have the most expired listings, and each listing may be less important to him than an agent who lists less, but personally manages each listing. I also disaagree with the thought that a local agent is always better. Many local agents are doing business the same way they did before the internet emerged as the driving force behind home searches.

I would suggest if you were thinking of listing that you have at least three agents come in and provide you with a free CMA. If one suggests listing at a significantly higher price than the other two, that would be a red flag to me. I would also try and ask a question or two that I already jnew the answer to do, I'd much rather have an agent who admits they don't know something than one that gives me wrong answers. Next I would like to hear their marketing plan and how much they are planning to spend marketing your home. Do you want open houses? If so clarify how many the agent will conduct. Understanding and agreeing with the agent's marketing plan is a key to a good business relationship. Last but most importantly, have the agent provide you with a written guarantee that you may cancel the listing at any time if you are unhappy with the agent at no cost to you. Make sure the guarantee doesn't say "If the agent fails to do his jiob". I have seen clients try to get out of those listings and the agent claimed he did his job just by putting the home on the MLS.
Tom Brady SFR, e-Pro, SRES, GREEN
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Ret. NYPD Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Plaza - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
This post seems a bit staged. salbarzini posts this comment and Vincent Batyr replies in moments and he had not made but one other reply and it was in 2010. Seems odd to me, does it to anyone else???
You got that right! Near my house a sign has been up for 4 months still, and the homeowner is disgusted with the Realtor. Don't understand sellers sometimes, they think the most signs means the best, or the most agents or big outfits are the best. Forget about the one thing they do not know for sure, it doesn't even cross their mind, and that is the real estate broker may not live in the Community. In Real estate especially in a small tight nit town, it is important who you hire for sure.
Just 'GOOGLE' the Brokers name and see his record,and peoples responses,etc..