MATTHEW PARR…, Real Estate Pro in Geneva, NY

Whether to hold an open house vary greatly across the country.

Asked by MATTHEW PARROTT, Local Expert, Geneva, NY Wed May 4, 2011

Opinions about whether to hold an open house vary greatly across the country. You'll hear realtors flatly refuse to hold Open Houses because they view them as a wasted marketing effort, or they'll say open houses are just a tool to find the agent new clients. My thought....I do them because I want to REALLY sell the house. Along with doing several other marketing techniques to sell a home the possibility of attracting new buyers/sellers, during an Open House, is greater than being lazy and not doing one. This is how I prepare the house for an Open House!
Open House Ideas
This is the moment you’ve been waiting for... I have advertised on several websites, put up signs a few days prior and put it the local newspaper that I am having an Open House! It’s curtain time. Buyers like to look into every nook and cranny of the house and would prefer that the owner is not home. Have the ower do the following items, and if they don't I do it instead because I really WANT to sell the house....