anthonyanala…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

i want to buy a home in texas or bostin

Asked by anthonyanalaba, Houston, TX Wed May 1, 2013

Answers

6
Mark Mcnitt, ABR’s answer
Anthony,

The Heights area of Houston is closer to downtown and a bit of a historic area with a certain vintage style. Many of the original bungalow were built in the 1920s-1940s.

Those older homes are typically sold at lot value, which could easily be in the $100,000-$300,000 range. New construction can range from $350,000 to over a million. Smaller lots typically, some with alley access to rear garages. Mature trees. A very popular area of town.

Let us know if you would like more information. I have assisted 4 buyers purchasing in this area over the last 24 months. Most were also relocating into Houston from other parts of the country (and one came in from overseas!)

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Can you be a bit more specific ... there are lots of homes for sale between Texas and Boston.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 1, 2013
Good afternoon anthonyanalaba,

First steps:

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
A little more information is needed to help you, if you can give me what some of your needs are I'll be able to help you. If we decide that your needs are outside of my area of service I have a full network of Keller Williams Realty agents nationwide that I can refer you to that will be able to help you in your search and purchase.
When are you looking to buy? I may have something available for you by late August.
Search homes for sale on my website here http://www.713realestate.com or here http://www.har.com/alanharper

Alan Harper, REALTOR®
World Wide Realty
281-905-2414