Home Ownership in 78245>Question Details

alenalipina, Renter in San Antonio, TX

do i own the house if i never have got a loan from a bank. I was renting for couple of years and then the lender offered me to have it on my name.

Asked by alenalipina, San Antonio, TX Thu Sep 26, 2013

i have trust of deed and my name is on it. i'm paying to the bank and they said that the lender sold them portion of rental agreement to them. i never signed any papers saying that i'm obligated for that house either. So I'm just confused...

Answers

5
This one is a clear Real Estate Attorney question. You can contact any title company and they can help you.
my friend, you need an attorney. If your name is on a deed of trust, presumably there must have been a moment when SOMEONE deeded to you. Apparently, someone, somewhere, believes there is a lien against the property, and until you find out if you have a valid interest, and they have a valid claim, its all speculation. You are best served by finding out exactly what legal rights all parties have, and probably in getting expert advice from AN ATTORNEY.
It does not sound right. You need to consult a lawyer to know what your rights are and what you do or do not own as well what you may or may not owe.
Yes, best thing to do is ask a Real Estate Lawyer.
Good Luck
If your name is on the deed, you're the owner.

Period.

For more information, check with a lawyer.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA