Home Ownership in Scottsdale>Question Details

Trulia Scott…, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

Where are AC units preferred to be installed by homebuyers?

Asked by Trulia Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ Fri May 17, 2013

Answers

3
Depends on what part of town you are in. If it's an area of high crime, I would recommend installing a packaged roof top unit instead of the split system.

As others have mentioned, if it's a split system, you would prefer to have the condenser unit installed on a shaded side of the home and away from any trees where it might accumulate debris. Also, you would want to make sure that it can receive adequate ventilation, so not to close to perimeter walls.
I agree with Patty. The side yard is best because it is easier to service over time.

Larry
I agree. Mine is in a side yard, and the only care I've had to give it is occasionally trimming the bush that hides it. It's also convenient because my porch ends right before the A/C unit, so it's blocked on two sides instead of just one. | http://www.robertsonairconditioning.com.au/airconditioning
Flag Thu Feb 5, 2015
Side yard, ideal if shaded and hidden by pony wall with proper clearances.