Home Ownership in Lake Nona>Question Details

Trulia Orlan…, Other/Just Looking in Orlando, FL

What professionals should one have come inspect their newly purchased home?

Asked by Trulia Orlando, Orlando, FL Tue Nov 27, 2012

Answers

10
On a newly purchased home, after the seller has initial and the start of an exceuted contract has started. If it is NOT a new construction and by the way the buyer is responsible to pay for ALL inspections that the buyer would like to have, but a Licensed Home Inspector, if you are okay with the results from the inspection. Then a Licensed Appraiser to determine the home value, you want the home to appraise at or above the purchase price if it is under the purchase price I suggest having your REALTOR reneogiate the purchase price accordingly. Next, a Licensed Surveyor to survey the property lines. There are other inspections needed that are (optional) like Septic Tank, Pool, Wood Destroying Organisms (WDO), Termites, Electrical and Plumbing depending on the age of the home, etc.... You make the call on what you feel comfortable with paying and having done. ALWAYS, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to purchased a home warranty whether the seller pays for it or not, it is worth the money!!!

**Remember the funds you pay for all inspections are non-refundable from any party if you decide not to proceed with the closing.

A new construction I would advised to get a home inspection and check the warranty that the builder is offering (the type, how long it will last, and what will it cover).

I hope this help

Senswella Mincey
senswellamincey.com
407.463.8938
Remember to have the Septic System Inspected.

http://www.lapinservices.com/residential/realtors
Hopefully a qualified home inspector was utilized and termite inspector if necessary. COnsider a wind mitigation for a possible 10-15% discount on Home Insurance.

To check out my profile, references and the references of the other agents, just click on my picture to go to my profiles and read what our clients say about us. Pick the broker that you think is right for you. Of course I hope it’s me, but if not then best wishes!

Search on MLS here:http://www.thepremiumproperties.idxco.com/idx/3935/advancedS…

Highest and best regards.

Vincent Paige |REALTOR® | RE/MAX Showcase
Major, U.S. Army (Reserve)
Certified Broker Price Opinion Registered Agent (BPOR)
Florida Military Specialist (FMS)
8934 Conroy Windermere Road | Orlando, FL 32835
Direct: 407.256.8190 | Fax: 407.264.8073
E-mail: vince@thepremiumproperties.com
Search for homes here: http://www.thepremiumproperties.com
Typically it's 15 days after the offer and contract has been accepted, but realistically you only need about half that time (around a week or so). Most Realtors can suggest a Home Inspector for their buyers before closing. Good luck!

Daniel Kwak
Keller Williams Classic Realty
danielkwak@alumni.ufl.edu
always take the opportunity to have an inspection done within the time allowed in the purchase contract. It is usually 7 - 10 days after buyer and seller have signed the contract and way before closing. IF the home inspection shows any problems like mold then a deeper inspection may be called for. Be guided by your agent and the inspector. As suggested below, if you have closed already then it is to late
Before you purchase during the inspection period, normally 15 days or whatever was agreed upon in writing, a certified home inspector, (get references) and WDO Wood Destroying Organisms (most commonly termites) inspector, that can hopefully cover down on pests other pests, etc, as well will thoroughly go over each and every square inch of the potential purchase. If the repairs are not reasonable and equal thousands of dollars, you can "go back to the table" with your findings and renegotiate the terms of the purchase to your satisfaction. If the seller does not want to accommodate you for the cost of the repairs you can cancel the contract within the inspection period for any reason.

Highest and best regards,

Vincent Warren Paige, Jr.
REALTOR® | RE/MAX Showcase
E-mail: vpaige1@yahoo.com
I advise my buyers, whether they are purchasing a resale or new construction to have the home inspected BEFORE they close. Typically your agent should be asking for this as part of the offer process to be done within the first 2 weeks after the offer has been accepted.

Depending on the age, construction and location of the property there are many different types of inspection. A good home inspection may be your best start as many home inspectors do other things such as mold inspection, ground quality and the like, or if not, can recommend what needs to be further considered.

If you have already purchased the property, you will be stuck with making whatever fixes are required.
If it's newly purcahsed then they are TOO LATE. Inspections need to be done before closing.
Actually, your realtor should have suggested you have a professional inspection done BEFORE you purchase a new home.
I can suggest an excellent inspection company who will inspect the home top to bottom and possibly below.

Let me know if I can help.

Alexander
407-929-9674
I am assuming you don't mean a brand new built home but rather a resale home. To answer it depends on what the house has. In other words, there is no reason to get a septic inspection if you are on public sewer. And you would want a water test if on a well. No basement would pretty much illuminate the need for a radon inspection. You would want a home inspector and go from there. They often suggest other inspections that they can't do.